Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Offense just not "clicking"? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=64655)

Whodis 12-20-2010 07:30 AM

Offense just not "clicking"?
 
Placing aside the special teams disasters......

Is it just me or is our offense just out of sync? Poor route running and the fact Ben doesn't seem to hit a reciever in stride. Looking at the passes we complete more then likely are a stop route. The QB is banged up, but I thought the fake spike was all great call by Arians, but what the hell happen there? Do you think we are resting starters during the week a little too much?

Could I please get an answer to why Moore continues to replace Mendenhall? What does a older less talented runningback bring to the table? Redman is at least bigger. Mendenhall is a better back and Redman is a better blocker. More props to Arians I really liked bringing Legursky in at fullback on the goal line.

IMO I thought play calling was improved, execution was...............

plenewken 12-20-2010 07:42 AM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
If you look at the production on the offense during the first quarter this year, our Offense has been pathetic. I don't know why but they need at least 3 possessions to score. Play calling and execution has been very poor.

TRH 12-20-2010 07:51 AM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whodis (Post 882688)
Placing aside the special teams disasters......

Is it just me or is our offense just out of sync? Poor route running and the fact Ben doesn't seem to hit a reciever in stride. Looking at the passes we complete more then likely are a stop route. The QB is banged up, but I thought the fake spike was all great call by Arians, but what the hell happen there? Do you think we are resting starters during the week a little too much?

Could I please get an answer to why Moore continues to replace Mendenhall? What does a older less talented runningback bring to the table? Redman is at least bigger. Mendenhall is a better back and Redman is a better blocker. More props to Arians I really liked bringing Legursky in at fullback on the goal line.

IMO I thought play calling was improved, execution was...............

They were terrible once again. Its kind of funny watching some people say "ah, well, yeah, they did great, they were scoring yesterday, blah, blah..."
But if people think scoring 14 points is going to win games......Not. We need to sit Moore. I agree...Where was Redman? Or even Mendy?
Dumb penalties again, receivers bumbling routes, Arians idiotic play-calling....
Far from good.

330steelerguy 12-20-2010 08:14 AM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
I think Arians has made leaps and bounds since that crap against the saints, but saying that I want someone else next year ! I thought the jets playcalling was really good...lot of short timing routes that kept the clock moving ,that direct snap to LT and the dirty sanchez bootleg was a brilliant! God with the young recievers on this team we need someone with an imagination and know how when it comes in- game adjustment to what teams are trying to do.

Whodis 12-20-2010 12:38 PM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 330steelerguy (Post 882717)
I think Arians has made leaps and bounds since that crap against the saints, but saying that I want someone else next year ! I thought the jets playcalling was really good...lot of short timing routes that kept the clock moving ,that direct snap to LT and the dirty sanchez bootleg was a brilliant! God with the young recievers on this team we need someone with an imagination and know how when it comes in- game adjustment to what teams are trying to do.

I thought the same thing about the jets playcalling. After the "Dirty Sanchez" (LMAO) we all looked at each other like "wow". The D seemed to be on their heels that series.

I can't believe we souldn't take advantage of the Wallace - Cromartie match-up! Talk about a mismatch and on top of that the corners looked to be jamming them?

stb_steeler 12-20-2010 12:43 PM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
Week after week, we all deliberate on the same problems.......And its the same ole story!:popcorn: ARIANS= SOS.....same ole shit

cloppbeast 12-20-2010 01:29 PM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
I think they've improved greatly. After watching the offense struggle through every game since Oakland, I was with you last week.

But in my opinion, the offense looked pretty good yesterday. The most import thing I saw was the redzone offense. Besides the last drive whicn amounted to 2 plays from 9 yard line with 9 seconds left - quite an anomoly - the redzone offense was good. In a normal game where the opponents defensive backs are not permitted to maul our WRs, the offense would probably put up at least 10 more points.

This was a close game against a playoff team that came down to the wire. It isn't a horrible loss by any stretch, and it should hardly feel at all like the downer everyone is describing. Despite what 90% of the people on this forum are sayint, the sky isn't falling.

fer522 12-20-2010 03:01 PM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
we suck ass

Whodis 12-20-2010 03:04 PM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cloppbeast (Post 882848)
I think they've improved greatly. After watching the offense struggle through every game since Oakland, I was with you last week.

But in my opinion, the offense looked pretty good yesterday. The most import thing I saw was the redzone offense. Besides the last drive whicn amounted to 2 plays from 9 yard line with 9 seconds left - quite an anomoly - the redzone offense was good. In a normal game where the opponents defensive backs are not permitted to maul our WRs, the offense would probably put up at least 10 more points.

This was a close game against a playoff team that came down to the wire. It isn't a horrible loss by any stretch, and it should hardly feel at all like the downer everyone is describing. Despite what 90% of the people on this forum are sayint, the sky isn't falling.

I'm with you here, but don't you think we need to run better routes and have better passes?

330steelerguy 12-20-2010 09:48 PM

Re: Offense just not "clicking"?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whodis (Post 882874)
I'm with you here, but don't you think we need to run better routes and have better passes?

Yes we need better routes and passes but understand we have a second year and two rookie recievers so there is gonna b some missed connections. I for one am thrilled about our young guys...geez do u guys remember Dwight stone!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum