Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   First and Second Endzone Plays: Video Review (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=64679)

dcsteel5804 12-20-2010 05:17 PM

First and Second Endzone Plays: Video Review

2 Attachment(s)
On the first shot at the endzone on second down after the spike, you can see that Spaeth is open in the back of the endzone but Ben doesnt see him. Though its hard to prove, Spaeth should have caught the ball anywayz and even admits it in a post game interview. Even if Ben gets him the ball in the shot I show here, theres no garentee he even catches it anywayz.

See Attachment(Attachment 1396)

On the second and last play, it looks like Spaeth is open again, but pressure up the middle (allowed by Pouncey) doesnt allow Ben to see it. The rest is history.

See Attachment (Attachment 1397)

Overall, I think the last two plays came down to Ben not see (or trusting) Spaeth being wide open. On the first play, it looked like the ball was intended for Sanders but Spaeth still got his hands on it and just missed. On the second play Ben couldn't see Spaeth wide open because of the pressure and still delivered a catchable ball, but we all know Spaeth isn't as sure handed as Santonio

dcsteel5804 12-20-2010 05:34 PM

Re: First and Second Endzone Plays: Video Review

I know I'm replying to my own thread, but dang, I 'm watching the first quarter and Wallace was getting held all day by Cromarti. Now I know why people were commenting about the bad officiating

rrage 12-20-2010 05:38 PM

Dont know if you have ever played QB but its not as easy as we spectators see it. the 1st play there is coverage under but maybe he could of thrown it high & odds are spaeth doesnt catch it. the 2nd play he clearly is under duress and again tough throw and obviously spaeth failed him more than once.

rrage 12-20-2010 05:40 PM

Wallace was held at least 4 times & none were called by the officials. The last hold was the most blatant right in front of that piece of shiite ref.

rrage 12-20-2010 05:41 PM

the refs suk and seem to especially suck when they call the steeler games.

dcsteel5804 12-20-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrage (Post 882927)
Dont know if you have ever played QB but its not as easy as we spectators see it. the 1st play there is coverage under but maybe he could of thrown it high & odds are spaeth doesnt catch it. the 2nd play he clearly is under duress and again tough throw and obviously spaeth failed him more than once.

I understand and saw the underneath coverage, but like you said, I thought he could have thrown it high. And, like you said, there's a good chance he wouldn't have caught it based on his lack of hands throughout the rest of the game.

Whodis 12-20-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcsteel5804 (Post 882925)
Wallace was getting held all day by Cromarti.

Wallace - Cromartie was a total mismatch

Atlanta Dan 12-20-2010 07:08 PM

Watching the replay of the game - the hold on Sanders breaking to the end zone on the last drive also was flagrant

Simms initially accused Sanders of quitting on the route then saw Sanders jersey was grabbed around the 10 yard line

I have given up on the incompetence of the refs - those clowns yesterday could not even get down and distance right

At least one playoff game is going to be decided by a horrible call or no call

Atlanta Dan 12-20-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcsteel5804 (Post 882934)
I understand and saw the underneath coverage, but like you said, I thought he could have thrown it high. And, like you said, there's a good chance he wouldn't have caught it based on his lack of hands throughout the rest of the game.

But of course Spaeth apparently was intended by Arians to be the first option most of the day on passes:noidea::banging:

SH-Rock 12-20-2010 07:19 PM

In the first one Ben did pass to Sanders but Spaeth came in the way
On the second one. According to the picture a D-lineman came up and that disturbed Ben. But the funny thing is they only rushed 3...

And I wouldn't trust Spaeth either in that situation. He had been dropping balls all day.