Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   the no call pass intefereance on jets (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=64710)

steeltowninwv 12-20-2010 09:27 PM

the no call pass intefereance on jets

anyone have or know where i can get a video of the pass intefereance not called againts the jets in the 4th quarter of the game or the so called head to head that should not have been a flag on us?

Bubbabanjo 12-20-2010 10:38 PM

Re: the no call pass intefereance on jets

No............but how long do you think it will be until players end up breaking their necks because they cant go into a tackle with their heads down? My coaches always told me "keep that head down or you'll break your freakin neck knucklehead!!". Seems like a scary risk for a rule enforced by front office chair weights. Aint sayin nuthin.....just sayin.

ricardisimo 12-20-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbabanjo (Post 883084)
No............but how long do you think it will be until players end up breaking their necks because they cant go into a tackle with their heads down? My coaches always told me "keep that head down or you'll break your freakin neck knucklehead!!". Seems like a scary risk for a rule enforced by front office chair weights. Aint sayin nuthin.....just sayin.

Your coaches were trying to get you paralyzed. You need to keep your head up. "Head up and eyes open" is the rule.

BlockMonsta 12-21-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbabanjo (Post 883084)

What.......

finesward 12-21-2010 07:37 AM

[YOUTUBE]SS--8SCcc6c[/YOUTUBE]

SH-Rock 12-21-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltowninwv (Post 883060)
anyone have or know where i can get a video of the pass intefereance not called againts the jets in the 4th quarter of the game or the so called head to head that should not have been a flag on us?

I'll try to provide it in a while

TRH 12-21-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltowninwv (Post 883060)

you can also bet that the video was shipped in Tomlin's weekly package to the NFL offices for review.
Tomlin doesn't speak publicly much about these things, but does contact the league about these matters privately, almost weekly. We even got a league apology last month. Doesn't seem like the apology changed anything on the field though.
The league has some serious end-of-season reviewing to do regarding their officiating staff. This has been the worst year of officiating, possibly ever. And its across the board. We've gotten the worst of it, but other teams have suffered a little too. Every year there is "bad calls" but this year is unprecedented. Some of the guys need let go.

SH-Rock 12-21-2010 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Notice his right shoulder where the CB hand is. The yellow stripe looks like its being pulled.

Edit: Providing a larger picture

http://i54.tinypic.com/14l3nyf.png

Atlanta Dan 12-21-2010 09:59 AM

Ed. B. from the P-G is tearing it up this week:chuckle:

After blasting Arians yesterday he does this drive by on the officiating today

I thought the Steelers game against Oakland was the worst officiated game I’ve ever seen, and it still may be. But their game against the Jets had to be officiated by the dumbest men I’ve ever seen, led by referee Pete Morelli, the guy who ruled Troy Polamalu’s interception against Indianapolis in their 2005 playoff game was not an interception.

Morelli lost his flag three times! No penalty, just lost the flag. That’s a first for me. I’ve seen officials inadvertently lose a flag on occasions but it’s rare. I’ve never seen one lose his twice in 26 years of covering football as my job. Now I’ve seen one three times. A man from the NFL told me that Morelli is from Southern California and not used to working while wearing gloves and had trouble handling the flag. Hey, Pete, get some Velcro!

Then there was the 9-yard first down. Rashard Mendenhall ran 9 yards on first down to set up a second and one. But then confusion reigned. The chain gang moved toward a first down and the officials could not figure it out and just gave the Steelers a first down.

That too was a first. Then there was the blatant holding penalty on Emmanuel Sanders, who had broken out in the open and was yanked by the back of his shirt by a Jets defender.

None of that may have made a difference in the outcome, but it had to be embarrassing to the NFL.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...-town/steelers

To the extent this is on the PG+ premium site I am hesitant to keep posting these excerpts - for the $3 per month Bouchette's comments are worth the $ for me

Agreed the officiating is horrible this season - part of it mey be with big screen HD and the quality of the camera coverage it is so easy to see thee screwups

Quasar 12-21-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 883222)
That too was a first. Then there was the blatant holding penalty on Emmanuel Sanders, who had broken out in the open and was yanked by the back of his shirt by a Jets defender.

None of that may have made a difference in the outcome...

I dunno... looks to me like Sanders would have caught that ball for a TD, putting the Steelers up 23-22.

Past 5 yards, it wouldn't be defensive holding, but pass interference.