Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LenDale White Fans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6484)

Suitanim 04-11-2006 09:04 AM

LenDale White Fans

Latest Fox Mock has the Steelers taking him at #32.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5492690

tony hipchest 04-11-2006 09:33 AM

Re: LenDale White Fans

i dont know enough about l. whites character. if he was picked would he come in treating willie and the other rb's like his bitch cause he was the big man on campus, national champ etc, and willie wasnt even the starter in college? i think the coaches could keep his ego in check, but most steelers keep their own ego in check.

while i like the idea of l. white, not at the expense of willies growth, development and confidence.

the little i do know of usc, lendale did seem to be a good team player and did fine splitting with r. bush. were there ever any grumblings?

BigDude66687 04-11-2006 10:49 AM

That would be sweet, Lendale is just a competitive back who wants to play everydone, however i think he would be fine playing with Parker as a 1-2 combo like they did at USC also he allows for the steelers to cut staley(Cap space) or trade staley and move up in the 2nd round perhaps

coachspeak33 04-11-2006 10:51 AM

I would be SHOCKED if we took White... we have a RB who in his first full season in the NFL that ran for 1200 yds, has a 75 yd Super Bowl TD under his belt, is inexpensive, and his legs should be pretty fresh... I mean I probably carried the football as many times as he did during the years of 99-03 (kidding obviously)!!!!

Willie is our feature back and Duce will play the Bettis "closer" role. I hope anyway

coachspeak33 04-11-2006 10:52 AM

Oh and by the way cutting Staley would cost around 2 million for at least two seasons... I doubt that would happen

83-Steelers-43 04-11-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
were there ever any grumblings?

I never heard of any grumblings out of USC. I'm torn here. After the article I posted, I would not trade up for him, that's for sure. If he's around at 32 I don't see the Steelers passing on him. If he keeps his head on straight I think he would compliment Parker beautifully. With the chance of Staley going down for the season by week five with a hang nail, I think it would be worth the gamble if you can even call it a gamble. Eitherway, drafting an HB should be on the priority list.

Steel - X 04-12-2006 12:35 PM

Lendale white is not worht the time the guy had one day in his life where he had to make a great impression on NFL scouts/teams. He showed up over weight and I also heard he has had bad interviews.

Koopa 04-12-2006 01:08 PM

if we took lendale white, i'd say the hell with willie parker, sure he had 1200 yards rushing but who now a days doesn't get that??? parker isn't a load carrier, he gets his yards on long breaks not on consistent runs. lendale would be that consistent postive yard back and still get as much or more yards as willie. that 75 yard run in the superbowl didn't impress me at all, aside from that he did absolutly nothing......and again don't take this as i don't like willie parker, i like him a lot but he isn't as good as some of ya'll wish he was, his stats lie because of those big breaks

tony hipchest 04-12-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koopa
if we took lendale white, i'd say the hell with willie parker, sure he had 1200 yards rushing but who now a days doesn't get that???

any rb drafted in the 1st round. or any rookie drafted in rounds 2-7 for that matter. i think you gotta go back to c. portis and l. tomlinson to find a rb who contributed as much in their rookie season. maybe c. williams topped 1200. hes the same type of back willie is.

clevestinks 04-13-2006 03:51 AM

We have other needs, so I see us taking a back a little later, someone who fits our system