Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6497)

Ohio Steeler 04-12-2006 02:47 PM

Pirates

Is there no hope for us this year, Yeh I know it is early and we are coming off of a win but 2-7 and we are lossing close games.

SteelerDad 04-12-2006 06:36 PM

Re: Pirates

:boxing:

clevestinks 04-12-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Steeler
Is there no hope for us this year, Yeh I know it is early and we are coming off of a win but 2-7 and we are lossing close games.

Michael Keaton was sooooooooooo right. Lets spend some cash already!

SID 04-12-2006 09:05 PM

The Pirates need a knock out closer. I have noticed last year and so far this year we will have a lead up until the 7th or 8th inning and lose it. Most years we have a really good April and May and then crash hard maybe this year will be different.Really though that deadbeat McClatchy needs to sell the team to Mark Cuban.

clevestinks 04-13-2006 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SID
The Pirates need a knock out closer. I have noticed last year and so far this year we will have a lead up until the 7th or 8th inning and lose it. Most years we have a really good April and May and then crash hard maybe this year will be different.Really though that deadbeat McClatchy needs to sell the team to Mark Cuban.

AMEN, if Cuban would buy us, thing would be way different, and attendance would even go up day 1

PisnNapalm 04-13-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
AMEN, if Cuban would buy us, thing would be way different, and attendance would even go up day 1

He'd move the team to Dallas. :dang:

83-Steelers-43 04-13-2006 09:48 AM

Cuban stated many of times that he would be more than happy to purchase the Pirates and keep them here in the city that he was born and raised in. The Nuttings and McClatchy have to suck this franchise and it's fans dry first.

clevestinks 04-13-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PisnNapalm
He'd move the team to Dallas. :dang:

I dont think that he would!

SID 04-15-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Cuban stated many of times that he would be more than happy to purchase the Pirates and keep them here in the city that he was born and raised in. The Nuttings and McClatchy have to suck this franchise and it's fans dry first.

I think they would have sold the team if we didn't have the all star game this year. That game is gonna bring them alot of money, to bad they wont put that money into the team.

RoethlisBURGHer 04-15-2006 03:19 PM

If Cuban bought the Pirates that would be just awesome.