Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The best trilogy in your heart. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=65328)

lionslicer 12-31-2010 01:24 AM

The best trilogy in your heart.

:P I thought it was a cool poll to posteth.

Hard to decide, I had to leave out The Matrix, Mad Max, Rambo, Blade, Superman, Spiderman, Terminator, and a bunch of others that aren't that good lol. This is trilogies, and not the first 3 movies of a 4 or 5 movies series like Rocky

tony hipchest 12-31-2010 01:45 AM

Re: The best trilogy in your heart.

hard to leave out rocky or lethal weapon just because they made more than 3. what about police academy?

mine is definitely the original star wars even though episode III might very well be my favorite one.

MattsMe 12-31-2010 01:57 AM

What, no option for Busty Babes from Outer Space?

lionslicer 12-31-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 886428)
hard to leave out rocky or lethal weapon just because they made more than 3. what about police academy?

mine is definitely the original star wars even though episode III might very well be my favorite one.

They did make a 6th Rocky, which I forgot about, which would make 2 trilogies, but the problem is the 5th movie is really its own movie. The 4th movie is too connected to the first 3, so there's no way it could be a trilogy, there's 4 movies that belong together. If the 4th was terrible and they shot off the whole rocky story-line and didn't kill off the black dude, maybe i'd consider the first 3 as a trilogy, but no way jose

My Fav trilogy is Troy Story just because I grew up with it, and Andy is litterally the same age as me in each movie, but the best made Trilogy to me is the first Star Wars one.

MasterOfPuppets 12-31-2010 03:39 AM

here's a few worth mentioning.

alien trilogy (Alien, Aliens, Alien3)
the dollars trilogy
(Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good The Bad and the Ugly)
mad max trilogy
terminator
Xmen
pirates of the caribbean
the evil dead

ricardisimo 12-31-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattsMe (Post 886433)
What, no option for Busty Babes from Outer Space?

They made a third installment??? Figures I wouldn't know that. I keep playing the first fifteen minutes over and over again, which is as much as I need... for my purposes. :nervous:

For the record, the Naked Gun Series would probably get my vote.

lionslicer 12-31-2010 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 886441)
here's a few worth mentioning.

alien trilogy (Alien, Aliens, Alien3)
the dollars trilogy
(Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good The Bad and the Ugly)
mad max trilogy
terminator
Xmen
pirates of the caribbean
the evil dead

Its not like I mentioned those in my post, but obviously you'd never read anything I actually wrote...

Pirate of the Caribbean is ongoing, there's no trilogy, never will be considered one. There will be atleast 4 movies when its finished, and no trilogy is allowed to hang on a cliffhanger to make you watch the next movie if there isn't one, sheesh!!

I also went by ratings, movies that didn't have a consistant rating through out the series I wasn't going to waste time including them. Like alien 3, godfather 3, terminator 3, matrix 3, spiderman 3, blade 3, all had were terrible to a lot of people unless they were hardcore fans of the series, so I didn't really feel like including them, just went with the best. Though Jurassic park didn't get the best reviews, so I probably shouldn't have put ti there, but too late.

I didn't even think about evil dead, but aren't they making a 4th one anyways.

SteelCityMom 12-31-2010 11:03 AM

Beverly Hills Cop would have been cool to see as well. :chuckle:

I'm torn between the Evil Dead and original Star Wars trilogies. Bruce Campbell ultimately tips the scales in favor of Evil Dead for me though.

touchdownward 12-31-2010 10:55 PM

The Omen
Hanibal Lecter trilogy
A Trilogy of Terror (with Karen Black) Scared the sh*t out of me as a kid.

MACH1 01-01-2011 01:33 AM

Porkys
American Pie
Devil in Miss Jones