Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Draft Predictions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6561)

Suitanim 04-17-2006 03:59 PM

Draft Predictions
 
NOT who will go where, but who do you think will be a bust? Who will be this years 2nd day draft pick that just comes in and shocks the World?

This is a chance to have a little fun and make wild and bold prognostications, with little or no consequence, so don't get too serious if somebody disses one of your boys.

I'll start:

Vince Young AND Matt Leinart will be BOTH be busts...Cutler and Croyle will both end up being more valuable.

Nick Mangold will become an all-pro center, whether we take him or not.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be the best player (long term) taken in the top 10 of the draft.

Chad Jackson will go the way of Troy Edwards

tony hipchest 04-17-2006 04:20 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
steelers will draft someone who has flown under the fans radar. probably someone who hasnt been discussed much. a non sexy pick. someone like c. hampton(not necessarily that position). either that or they trade out of #32.

if l. white falls below #25, he will be looked at as the steal of the draft in 3 years.

m. leinart will hold out like p. rivers did. he already is stomping his feet and crying that he wants to be #1 and the #1 money that goes along with it.

h. baskett will do better than f. gibson but no rookie wr cracks 1000 yds.

n. mangold will be a steal for whoever gets him.

a north carolina player will be defensive rookie oty.

r. bush is not a flop, does very good with a porous offensive line and is roty and possibly makes the pro bowl (kick return?)

Haiku_Dirtt 04-17-2006 04:25 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
NOT who will go where, but who do you think will be a bust? Who will be this years 2nd day draft pick that just comes in and shocks the World?

This is a chance to have a little fun and make wild and bold prognostications, with little or no consequence, so don't get too serious if somebody disses one of your boys.

I'll start:

Vince Young AND Matt Leinart will be BOTH be busts...Cutler and Croyle will both end up being more valuable.

Nick Mangold will become an all-pro center, whether we take him or not.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be the best player (long term) taken in the top 10 of the draft.

Chad Jackson will go the way of Troy Edwards


No dispute. As a bust I assume you are factoring in the hype and size of contract. I don't see Leinart becoming the next Ryan Leaf but his arm-strength will probably do him in. I'd like to see Mangold go outside of the AFC North.

I'm going with Winston Justice at tackle (homer) - dude is fast and strong. But I didn't see many Virginia games.

David Kirtman on Day Two. Excellent hands, super speed and strong lead blocker. The most underrated offensive player at SC.

Suitanim 04-17-2006 04:37 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
Yeah, by bust I mean he isn't the second coming of Joe Montana like he's being hyped to be, much more like Tim Couch.

I also want to add that Domenik Hixon is my triple super duper sleeper pick (even though it's not much of a secret anymore).

BB2W 04-17-2006 04:40 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
- Laurence Maroney turns out to be the best "every down" runningback in the draft.

- Tamba Hali won't suck as much as former 1st round PSU defensive ends Courtney Brown and Michael Haynes.

- The Carolina Panthers will select Lendale White with the 27th pick.

- Michael Robinson gets a few touches next season playing for the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers and shows glimpses of what he is capable of in the "slash" role. He scores one touchdown on a play fit for any highlight reel.

tony hipchest 04-17-2006 04:56 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Yeah, by bust I mean he isn't the second coming of Joe Montana like he's being hyped to be, much more like Tim Couch.

I also want to add that Domenik Hixon is my triple super duper sleeper pick (even though it's not much of a secret anymore).

just on pti: "r. jawarski has gone on record stating cutler will be better than leinart and young." jaws and merril study probably just as much as anyone before they go on the record with this stuff.

although some feel the jury is still out on this, wasnt the best qb in 2004, the 3rd qb taken?

+ definitely will be watching hixson hoping hes a steeler
+ definitely will be watching robinson and hoping hes a steeler

OX1947 04-17-2006 05:15 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
How bout this:

Steelers trade their 32nd pick 3,4,5 picks for the 2nd pick overall in the draft.

Steelers still have seven picks 1,2,4,4,5,6,7

Only thing is, who do you think we get at 2nd overall?

tony hipchest 04-17-2006 05:20 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947
How bout this:

Steelers trade their 32nd pick 3,4,5 picks for the 2nd pick overall in the draft.

Steelers still have seven picks 1,2,4,4,5,6,7

Only thing is, who do you think we get at 2nd overall?

check the draft chart. drafting the last of each round, we'd be lucky if those picks traded would get us into the top 10. i think wed take the defensive lineman from north carolina though

Suitanim 04-17-2006 05:36 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
Yeah, I think that would actually get us more like a #20 pick...then again, not all teams assign the same relative weight to each pick, so...

BB2W 04-17-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Draft Predictions
 
Mel Kiper just made a pretty bold prediction saying that the Detroit Lions will actually not draft a wide receiver in the first round. I find this hard to beleive... Could it be true???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum