Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fun Things to Do to Out of Towners (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6573)

blackvelvet 04-18-2006 03:59 PM

Fun Things to Do to Out of Towners

Alright, like I said, i'm making a book with all these lists i'm making and here's a lists all of us natives can get a kick out of.

Fun Things to Do to Out of Towners:

Offer them a pop

Say you'll help them get to the Point

Tell Ohio people that you can drive them to Ohio (you really mean the river)

If you get stuck with a rude out of towner, tell them they get the jagoff of the week award, and convince them it's a good thing.

Tell them to redd up somebody's room. Take bets with another Pittsburgher on what will happen to the roomRefer to the Steelers as "God's Favorite Team"

Let's see if we can come up with more. I promise that if this book gets published, I'll dedicate it to all of you.

83-Steelers-43 04-18-2006 04:09 PM

Re: Fun Things to Do to Out of Towners

If it's a Browns, Ravens or Bengal fan, take them to Wilkinsburg or Garfield at 11:30 PM and leave them there.

beSteelmyheart 04-18-2006 04:14 PM

Hey, now!
I'm a Pittsburgh area transplant coming back to visit the Burgh..I cant red up your room, I'll be on vacation!:dang: No work, all play!

blackvelvet 04-18-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart
Hey, now!
I'm a Pittsburgh area transplant coming back to visit the Burgh..I cant red up your room, I'll be on vacation!:dang: No work, all play!

I should probably put a warning label on this list :

WARNING: OUT OF TOWNER MAYBE A TRANSPLANT VISITING (THIS CAN HAPPEN ABOUT 45% OF THE TIME)

blackvelvet 04-19-2006 09:10 AM

Plus, the whole point is to mess with out of towners that have never been to Pittsburgh. What's the fun in messing with them if they know what you're doing?

And I agree with that Bill Johnson guy, the "butt-ugly" guy, that Pittsburgh has some of the nicest people. I think we're a heck of a lot nicer than the people in some cities that i've been to. But might I just say, that part of the reason people think that is because they don't actually know what we actually mean.

RoethlisBURGHer 04-22-2006 04:26 PM

What is "redding up" a room,and are what are Wilkinsburgh and Garfield,ghettos?

PM me the answers so it's not ruined for fans of other teams,lol.

Lyn 05-28-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackvelvet
Plus, the whole point is to mess with out of towners that have never been to Pittsburgh. What's the fun in messing with them if they know what you're doing?

And I agree with that Bill Johnson guy, the "butt-ugly" guy, that Pittsburgh has some of the nicest people. I think we're a heck of a lot nicer than the people in some cities that i've been to. But might I just say, that part of the reason people think that is because they don't actually know what we actually mean.

The first time we were in da burgh, we needed directions, etc a postman gave them to us, super nice guy but we had no clue what the heck he was talking about. He took the direction conversation into his follow me route. We were driving a rental from the airport and he was walking and naturally stopping constantly (delivering mail) and we had to keep going because we were going to get run over, we found our way around that way so you may be onto something. Keep trying to screw ppl up and they will find their own way.

3 to be 4 05-29-2006 09:43 AM

I was in Pittsburgh once in my life. In 1985, in the airport changing flights. I had time to watch the local news on the TV and the lead story was about a guy who got drunk, went to the zoo, and punched out a flamingo. Does anyone remember this story? I know i'll never forget it!

blackvelvet 06-04-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn
Keep trying to screw ppl up and they will find their own way.

The smart ones will, anyway