Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   scrap your mocks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=65754)

MasterOfPuppets 01-06-2011 01:38 PM

scrap your mocks

andrew luck is going back to school....:noidea:

theplatypus 01-06-2011 02:04 PM

Re: scrap your mocks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 888864)
andrew luck is going back to school....:noidea:

Just saw that myself. You would be hard pressed to convince me to pass up 50 million.

MDSteel15 01-06-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 888875)
Just saw that myself. You would be hard pressed to convince me to pass up 50 million.

He's passing on the Panthers more than the money I bet.... :doh:

theplatypus 01-06-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSteel15 (Post 888917)

It's possible, but he could always let it be known that he won't play for them a la Manning.

MDSteel15 01-06-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 888920)
It's possible, but he could always let it be known that he won't play for them a la Manning.

As far as I am concerned, Elway and Eli Manning should have never been allowed to play in the NFL. As an enitity, the league has the power to say you get drafted by a team, you play for that team(at least until your rookie contract has expired)!!! If you refuse, you simply need to find employment digging ditches like the rest of the world... :tt03:

theplatypus 01-06-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSteel15 (Post 888931)
As far as I am concerned, Elway and Eli Manning should have never been allowed to play in the NFL. As an enitity, the league has the power to say you get drafted by a team, you play for that team(at least until your rookie contract has expired)!!! If you refuse, you simply need to find employment digging ditches like the rest of the world... :tt03:

I'm not saying it's right, it just a possibility if he had come out this year. The whole risking a career ending injury thing would more than likely force my hand.

MasterOfPuppets 01-06-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSteel15 (Post 888917)

well unless he just doesn't want to live in charlotte , i don't get it. whats the difference of being drafted by a sucky panthers team, or a sucky bills team , or whoever gets the first pick next year ?
maybe he's got a hot piece of ass at stanford that he's not finished riding yet ....:noidea:

MDSteel15 01-06-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 888948)
well unless he just doesn't want to live in charlotte , i don't get it. whats the difference of being drafted by a sucky panthers team, or a sucky bills team , or whoever gets the first pick next year ?
maybe he's got a hot piece of ass at stanford that he's not finished riding yet ....:noidea:

I'm sure he can afford some more...

pete74 01-06-2011 04:04 PM

i cant belive he would turn down all that money. he can finish his degree anytime he wants. the risk is just insane to me but i definatly respect him for it

MDSteel15 01-06-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 888936)
I'm not saying it's right, it just a possibility if he had come out this year. The whole risking a career ending injury thing would more than likely force my hand.

Especially after this CBA meeting in which he won't get $50million gauranteed! :noidea: