Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kevin Harvick (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6587)

Suitanim 04-19-2006 08:58 AM

Kevin Harvick

I heard "Happy" on Fox Sports Radio yesterday, and it was a pretty refreshing interview. Even the guys interviewing said something to the effect of "Unlike most guys in NASCAR, you ask him a question, and he gives a you straight answer".

Some highlights:

He said he didn't care for the catfight between Biffle and Busch's girlfriends.

He said Busch is easily the most hated driver in the garage.

He said Stewart, although he can be brutal on the track, is a cool dude off the track, so almost everyone respects him and gets along with him in the garage. When they pressed him about Busch, he said. "People don't like him because Busch is just a dork"

clevestinks 04-19-2006 10:16 AM

Re: Kevin Harvick

Gotta love his honesty

BB2W 04-19-2006 11:28 AM

Kevin Harvick seems like a pretty cool dude... I don't care for Kurt Busch either.

tony hipchest 04-19-2006 04:48 PM

harvick couldnt be more correct calling kurt a dork. that was my first impression when he was in the truck series. another thing i think people hate about him, is whenever he speaks it sounds orchestrated, coached, insincere etc. like he always tries to say the right things, and reading from a teleprompter

they just showed kurt bush throw out the 1st pitch for a diamonbacks game (trying to make nice with the fine people of phoenix). he totally screwed that up! a one hopper about 10 feet of the plate. i dont know, but that mightve been more embarrasing than gordon singing
take me out to the ball game.

daleemnm 04-19-2006 04:52 PM

Harvick is da man. My 3rd favorite driver.

BB2W 04-19-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
they just showed kurt bush throw out the 1st pitch for a diamonbacks game he totally screwed that up! a one hopper about 10 feet of the plate.

That was really bad!... :laughing:

Suitanim 04-19-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

another thing i think people hate about him, is whenever he speaks it sounds orchestrated, coached, insincere etc. like he always tries to say the right things, and reading from a teleprompter

I completely agree, but noticed that this started happening after Spencer punched him, and became incredibly pronounced between the few months after he won the cup and when the next season started.

tony hipchest 04-19-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
I completely agree, but noticed that this started happening after Spencer punched him, and became incredibly pronounced between the few months after he won the cup and when the next season started.

it seems the more mature he ACTUALLY gets, the worse it becomes. i mean sometimes he does say some intelligent things where he seems beyond his years but, its like, im just not buying it.

last year was alot more fun when there were rumors of kenseth, harvick, kahne, mcmurray, replacing RW in the #2

*sigh*

Suitanim 04-19-2006 05:42 PM

I'd say Penske picked the worst of the bunch, but that Cup Championship was probably what swayed him the most...

SteelerzGirl 04-19-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

last year was alot more fun when there were rumors of kenseth, harvick, kahne, mcmurray, replacing RW in the #2

*sigh*

tehehe :wink: