Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A Polamalu Moment (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66035)

FanSince72 01-10-2011 08:35 PM

A Polamalu Moment

I was sitting around thinking about the upcoming games and I thought of this as my "Polamalu Moment":

We're in the Superbowl and we're up by five but the opposing team has the ball; 1st and goal on our own 8-yard line with 30 seconds left to play.

Their QB lines up in a shotgun set and Troy is inching up towards the line. Just as the ball begins to move at the snap, Troy times a perfect angled leap over the left guard and while he's in mid-air (and upside down, no less!) he becomes the first defensive player in history to actually catch a shotgun snap from an opposing center and he falls on the ball and we run out the clock, securing the win.

If I actually witnessed a play like that, I'd probably stop watching football because I would then have officially seen everything there ever would be to see in this game.

(funny thing is that I can't quite shake the feeling that he might one day actually do it)

tony hipchest 01-10-2011 09:01 PM

Re: A Polamalu Moment

[YOUTUBE]se8ABHcq8g4[/YOUTUBE]

:toofunny::sofunny::toofunny:

Fire Arians 01-10-2011 09:03 PM

polamalooo doo doo dooo dooo

BURNSY 01-10-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanSince72 (Post 891334)
I was sitting around thinking about the upcoming games and I thought of this as my "Polamalu Moment":

We're in the Superbowl and we're up by five but the opposing team has the ball; 1st and goal on our own 8-yard line with 30 seconds left to play.

Their QB lines up in a shotgun set and Troy is inching up towards the line. Just as the ball begins to move at the snap, Troy times a perfect angled leap over the left guard and while he's in mid-air (and upside down, no less!) he becomes the first defensive player in history to actually catch a shotgun snap from an opposing center and he falls on the ball and we run out the clock, securing the win.

If I actually witnessed a play like that, I'd probably stop watching football because I would then have officially seen everything there ever would be to see in this game.

(funny thing is that I can't quite shake the feeling that he might one day actually do it)

LMAO !!!!!! AWESOME !!!!!!! :rofl:

SH-Rock 01-10-2011 09:15 PM

Your fantasy is pretty cool, but I doubt that will happen. If it did though, Polamalou would most likely make the play.

Fire Arians 01-10-2011 09:19 PM

troy is great but outrunning/leaping a thrown ball is humanly impossible. cool to think about though lol

SH-Rock 01-10-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 891352)
troy is great but outrunning/leaping a thrown ball is humanly impossible. cool to think about though lol

It's possible but it has to be timed to the last millisecond and then the refs will have to review it because it was so accurate, but we'll never get it because the refs are bias.

lionslicer 01-10-2011 09:35 PM

This would only work if the center snapped it slow or high and awkward.

To out run a snapped ball is hard enough, but because of the angle at which the ball is snapped and the angle at which Troy must jump over the guard, it would be a billion to one shot.

And the Refs are usually shocked when Troy makes those leaping over the pile tackles. You can bet that one of those times he was actually offsides but the refs just were too stunned to notice lol.

I'd love to see in the AFC championship game, Troy jumping over and smacking Brady when he tries to do a QB sneak.

caseyviator 01-11-2011 04:09 PM

HE JUMPS UP DOWN AND GRABS A BIG PLANE GO GO GODZILLA HAAAAAYYYY
HE THROWS IT BACK DOWN AND STARTS THE FLAMMES GO GO GODZILLA HHHAHAHAAAYAYY

grward 01-11-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionslicer (Post 891354)
This would only work if the center snapped it slow or high and awkward.

To out run a snapped ball is hard enough, but because of the angle at which the ball is snapped and the angle at which Troy must jump over the guard, it would be a billion to one shot.

And the Refs are usually shocked when Troy makes those leaping over the pile tackles. You can bet that one of those times he was actually offsides but the refs just were too stunned to notice lol.

I'd love to see in the AFC championship game, Troy jumping over and smacking Brady when he tries to do a QB sneak.

But, but, but ... he's superman! He can leap tall buildings in a single bound ... so why can't he do this? I heard he's so fast that he ran around the world and slapped himself in the back of the head.