Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hines Ward is the key to victory (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66144)

moedap 01-12-2011 08:58 AM

Hines Ward is the key to victory

The team that has had the best third down conversion effiency has been the winner between the Steelers and the Ravens. Ben and Arians should look to get the ball to Hines Ward because he is the only receiver on the team with enough experience against the Ravens to find the holes if they go zone and is wily enough to get open if they go man to man. I would have said Heath Miller but I have a feeling he will be forced to stay in a provide pass protection.

theplatypus 01-12-2011 09:06 AM

Re: Hines Ward is the key to victory

If they play us in zone coverage then Hines is a viable option, probably not so much in man coverage.

Rick5895 01-12-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 891988)
If they play us in zone coverage then Hines is a viable option, probably not so much in man coverage.

I agree, also, I believe that Hines difference maker days are behind him. He can be a good compliment now and I hope he sticks it out one more year, but in this game I think Heath is more of a key to victory. He holds the safety down in coverage should allow Mike to get deep once or twice.

CaliStillersFan 01-12-2011 09:17 AM

I wouldn't expect much from Hines this weekend, the Ravens usually bracket him out of the passing the game, but at least that strategy opens things up for Sanders and Miller over the middle.

SacknificentStew56 01-12-2011 09:24 AM

Experience will be key during this game and the vets know it. I believe the speed of the young guys will help out and make a difference. But a delayed release here and there to Hines or Heath after throwing a block or two should be thrown in the offensive mix.

grward 01-12-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SacknificentStew56 (Post 891993)
Experience will be key during this game and the vets know it. I believe the speed of the young guys will help out and make a difference. But a delayed release here and there to Hines or Heath after throwing a block or two should be thrown in the offensive mix.

And could be deadly later in the game as their D will need to decide which to defend first.

moedap 01-12-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 891988)

If they go man to man they have to better yet they better bracket Mike Wallace. Just as everyone else is saying Hines has lost a step I think the Ravens will only bracket him if we are in the red zone.

SoCalFan 01-12-2011 11:08 AM

Hes always the key to victory!!!

ZoneBlitzer 01-12-2011 11:17 AM

I think the key will be with the young receivers and this includes Wallace. If they can make a few big plays, the Steelers should do well. I am concerned that the weaknesses on the offensive line will be exposed. The Steelers need to be ready to make quick adjustments to compensate for ineffective personnel.

OX1947 01-12-2011 11:46 AM

Big Ben is the key. The defense will do what they do, however Big Ben is the engine that will decide how far and if the Steelers can win number 7.