Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crowd Noise (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66492)

SteelKnight 01-15-2011 05:07 PM

Crowd Noise

Don't the fans get that you are supposed to be quiet when we are on offense right before the snap? WTF?

ZoneBlitzer 01-15-2011 07:36 PM

Re: Crowd Noise

Crowd was awesome tonight!

frunko1 01-15-2011 07:39 PM

i hate to say it but ben seems to do better when its noisy

Deserei90 01-15-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelKnight (Post 894243)
Don't the fans get that you are supposed to be quiet when we are on offense right before the snap? WTF?

Your arguing about that? The Crowd was unbelievable tonight, If anything it helped The Steelers alot, especially on Defense.

jjpro11 01-15-2011 08:23 PM

i like those extra couple thousand seats in the end-zone.. why can't they just keep them there for next year?

Pentheon 01-15-2011 09:13 PM

Crowd was nuts tonight, loved my seats (thanks to the guy I bought em from even though you probably wont see this). Couldnt have asked the game to be any better than it was, perfect outcome.

SteelKnight 01-15-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deserei90 (Post 895180)
Your arguing about that? The Crowd was unbelievable tonight, If anything it helped The Steelers alot, especially on Defense.

I made that post early in the game when on the first 3 drives I noticed they weren't quieting down for Ben and he looked to be struggling to get people to hear.

I couldn't figure out why they were not quieting for Ben and not making a lot of noise for Flacco. I guess they were just excited.

SteelKnight 01-15-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentheon (Post 895354)
Crowd was nuts tonight, loved my seats (thanks to the guy I bought em from even though you probably wont see this). Couldnt have asked the game to be any better than it was, perfect outcome.

Do they try to encourage the crowd to be quieter before Ben's snaps and louder before the opponent QB snaps?

BTW...I was just annoyed with the snaps early but I guess if the crowd is loud, the defense can't communicate either.

steelerchad 01-15-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelKnight (Post 895532)
Do they try to encourage the crowd to be quieter before Ben's snaps and louder before the opponent QB snaps?

BTW...I was just annoyed with the snaps early but I guess if the crowd is loud, the defense can't communicate either.

Yeah they do. They put up a construction sign on the Jumbo tron that says quiet "Ben at Work". You know like "Men at work".

I think you get a few extra 1st time fans who make the trip in for the playoff game and maybe some opposing fans as well although not very many at Heinz.

caplovestroyp43 01-15-2011 10:57 PM

Did they play "Renegade" at all? If they did, the stooooopid TV announcers would never let you know!!