Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   (sarcasm) Ravens keep on getting screwed by refs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66656)

ETL 01-16-2011 11:20 AM

(sarcasm) Ravens keep on getting screwed by refs

According to their fans, the Ravens have been screwed in ALL seven losses to Big Ben including ALL the playoff losses. In fact, they are 100% sure they would have won each and every one of those games if it were not for some refs call.

Post after post on their fan sites point towards this undeniable fact. Even former players like the well spoken and clear enunciating Shannon Sharpe cite this oddity.

I couldn't believe it myself. Wow, all seven! How can one team be so unlucky? They must have ticked someone off in the front office to keep on getting picked on. Or by pure chance, if we assume that one in 10 games are actually decided by a bad call, the odds of this happening to the ravens is one in ten million! How unlucky. Those poor fans. At least they have Baltimore. Thank God they live in such a safe city like Baltimore where the crime rate is soooo low.

Also, In all their games, their players did not make one mistake ... Not one! And their coaches never called a bad play ... Not one! Gosh darn it, if it weren't for those darn refs, they would be in 7 super bowls by now and won them all.

Wow, one in 10 million chance that this could happen to a team and it just happens to be the Ravens. Now why don't the announcers talk more about this rare stat?

skinart82 01-16-2011 11:27 AM

Re: (sarcasm) Ravens keep on getting screwed by refs

I love when they make excuses like this. Besides, who actually had more penalties for more yards? And what about the call on Ward to start the game? Guess those don't count as bad calls against us! They just need to shut up and lick there wounds!

LVSteelersfan 01-16-2011 11:31 AM

Just like Seasquawk fans. Can't except the fact that they were beat by a better team with a better franchise QB.

theplatypus 01-16-2011 11:34 AM

I really prefer the time to draft a QB, flacco sucks posts myself.

wnyBob 01-16-2011 11:40 AM

Yeah, kind of like when Ward got the flag for the Raven hanging on his facemask. They weren't complaining on that call. lol

tony hipchest 01-16-2011 12:07 PM

the ravens have never comitted a penalty in their entire life.

in other news, "God's linebacker" never plead GUILT to obstruction of justice.

TRH 01-16-2011 12:26 PM

what about all the penalties they committed that WEREN'T called? What do those fans have to say about those?

jjpro11 01-16-2011 12:31 PM

**** the Ravens.. their fans take after their whiny coach.

wootawnee 01-16-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplatypus (Post 896021)
I really prefer the time to draft a QB, flacco sucks posts myself.

Flacco is a Phoney......Good regular Season QB......But he has no fire under his ass to lead in the real battles.....I said this from day one.......They need to get rid of the bum if they want to win a title in our division............Why do you think he left Pitt?......No fire.........

WeegiesWarriors 01-16-2011 01:28 PM

I only thought one penalty went our way. The defensive holding penalty on the goal line at the end. Actually that was a penalty, but I also thought there was blatant holding on us that went uncalled on the same play. Other than that I didn't see a one-sided penalty fest.

ESPN jaggoffs led by Chris "way past his prime" Berman were saying that have no idea what the penalty was on their punt return TD. Looked like the me the jersey was being torn off the body and if he wasn't holding the Steeler would have easily gotten off the block and made the tackle. Good call imo.