Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   dale jr's talledega paint scheme. almost #3 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6669)

tony hipchest 04-24-2006 05:42 PM

dale jr's talledega paint scheme. almost #3

apr. 29th wouldve been dale sr's 55th b-day. in honor of this jr. will drive a black car with bud, but will be done in the oldschool gm goodwrench style. this weekends race will bring back alot of good (and bad) memories.

good memories like dale sr passing about 17 cars in the final shootout laps to win his final victory in 2000.

bad memories like rusty finishing at talledega 6th, crossing the finishline airborne, upside down, and backwards thanks to a last second "bump" from the intimidator in 93 (e. irvan won in kodak #4). i have forgiven sr though, after all it was rustys car that took the air offa sr's spoiler right before his final wreck.

ironically, rustys 2nd to last victory was on what wouldve been dales 50th birthday in california a few months after he died.

i almost have to give jr the automatic emotionnal edge and advantage.

Suitanim 04-24-2006 05:45 PM

Re: dale jr's talledega paint scheme. almost #3

If there's a fix in NASCAR, it'll be in that day.

tony hipchest 04-24-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
If there's a fix in NASCAR, it'll be in that day.

lol. you mean like the 2001 july race at daytona, back when dei was getting the hot plates now reserved for team hendrick? :cool:

not my official prediction but PENSKE gets his 1st plate win in a huge chevy hotplate upset!

Suitanim 04-24-2006 05:54 PM

Penske won't be winning any plate races any time soon, unless they wreck all the contenders (Busch) or cheat on fuel mileage (Newman).

tony hipchest 04-24-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
Penske won't be winning any plate races any time soon, unless they wreck all the contenders (Busch) or cheat on fuel mileage (Newman).

well penske will fire anyone caught cheating so it will be up to busch. the way he was jobbed at daytona im sure hes up to the task:bouncy:

BB2W 04-24-2006 05:58 PM

I like most of the black cars... I'm sure it will look great. :cool:

tony hipchest 04-24-2006 05:59 PM

im particularly fond of the black and yellow ones though.

clevestinks 04-24-2006 07:04 PM

Jr. really needs this week badly anyway, so i hope it brings him luck

DIESELMAN 04-24-2006 07:10 PM

I hope JR. does really good.........and being in the black car will stand up a lot of hairs.....COOL!!!!!

daleemnm 04-24-2006 07:26 PM

I would love nothing more than to see that car in victory lane. It'd bring back memories of seeing Big E there in victory lane.