Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ticket Price Question (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=66980)

PhantomJB93 01-18-2011 05:23 PM

Ticket Price Question
 
Does anybody know what the cheapest seats are for the AFC Championship at face value? Of all the resale tickets, the cheapest I can find are $240. I remember last week tickets could be found around $150 but went down as the week went on and weren't being sold at much above face value.

I guess what Im asking is, is there any chance of finding cheaper tickets from more generous people who aren't trying to make a profit (I remember the day of last Saturday there were a lot on Ticket Exchange under $120) or are all these $250 tickets actually priced around what the original asking price was (are the Championship tickets really almost twice as much as Divisional round ones?)?

UMBC79 01-18-2011 06:17 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
The cheapest tickets are now $245.00 each on the Steelers site. However as I recall when the Steelers hosted the AFC Championship game against Baltimore a couple of seasons ago, the asking price actually went down as the game got closer. (That may have had to do with the weather forecast, that was a bitter cold night in Pittsburgh).

PhantomJB93 01-18-2011 06:39 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UMBC79 (Post 898903)
The cheapest tickets are now $245.00 each on the Steelers site. However as I recall when the Steelers hosted the AFC Championship game against Baltimore a couple of seasons ago, the asking price actually went down as the game got closer. (That may have had to do with the weather forecast, that was a bitter cold night in Pittsburgh).

Alright ya that's actually what happened last week, tickets early on were starting at like $150-$170 and by late Friday night/Saturday morning they were going as cheap as $115.

I know it's the AFC freakin Championship but I'm really hoping these tix dip down a bit in price, $250 apiece is just too much for me right now, no matter how much I love my Steelers. If they somehow dip below $200 I might go for one but I guess Ill wait it out until around Saturday night and hope for the best.

TailgateMel 01-18-2011 06:45 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
Lowest face i think was like $120-$140. Best bet is last minute, if it is gonna be crazy cold you might be able to find some wafflers and get something closer to $200.

Atlanta Dan 01-18-2011 06:52 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 (Post 898871)
Does anybody know what the cheapest seats are for the AFC Championship at face value? Of all the resale tickets, the cheapest I can find are $240. I remember last week tickets could be found around $150 but went down as the week went on and weren't being sold at much above face value.

I guess what Im asking is, is there any chance of finding cheaper tickets from more generous people who aren't trying to make a profit (I remember the day of last Saturday there were a lot on Ticket Exchange under $120) or are all these $250 tickets actually priced around what the original asking price was (are the Championship tickets really almost twice as much as Divisional round ones?)?

You can live dangerously and hope scalpers want to unload around 6 p.m. on Sunday - I doubt you get face value online this week - even the Steelers have only had 10 home games (an insane number - by way of comparison in Atlanta that number is zero) to go to the Super Bowl

StubHub is offering $237 tonight

http://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-st...-2011-1020353/

It's the AFC championship - folks want to be there

Could be worse - you could be a Bears fan

Bears vs. Packers: The hottest ticket in Chicago sports history, brokers say

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1653441.story

PhantomJB93 01-18-2011 06:58 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 898934)
You can live dangerously and hope scalpers want to unload around 6 p.m. on Sunday - I doubt you get face value online this week - even the Steelers have only had 10 home games (an insane number - by way of comparison in Atlanta that number is zero) to go to the Super Bowl

StubHub is offering $237 tonight

http://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-st...-2011-1020353/

It's the AFC championship - folks want to be there

Could be worse - you could be a Bears fan

Bears vs. Packers: The hottest ticket in Chicago sports history, brokers say

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1653441.story

oh boy that's rough lol

But ya I know there's no chance of getting face value but I was just holding out hope for something relatively CLOSE to face value, like instead of 200% the original price like what they're going for now. I know that may be unrealistic but you never know :noidea:

Rick5895 01-18-2011 07:26 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
With the high ticket prices , the hotels have gone up. I was thinking about coming fro St.Thomas, Ontario, Canada for the game, and staying in a downtown hotel. Most are anywhere from250 -350 per night. I was just going to come and soak up the atmosphere at a bar near the stadium and if I was lucky grab a couple of tickets after kick off. Guess I will sit and watch at home. LOL>

Bibeen 01-18-2011 07:33 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TailgateMel (Post 898930)
Lowest face i think was like $120-$140. Best bet is last minute, if it is gonna be crazy cold you might be able to find some wafflers and get something closer to $200.

I guess, at this price, isnt a good positon to watch the game, right? ^^

TailgateMel 01-18-2011 07:54 PM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick5895 (Post 898955)
With the high ticket prices , the hotels have gone up. I was thinking about coming fro St.Thomas, Ontario, Canada for the game, and staying in a downtown hotel. Most are anywhere from250 -350 per night. I was just going to come and soak up the atmosphere at a bar near the stadium and if I was lucky grab a couple of tickets after kick off. Guess I will sit and watch at home. LOL>

Dont get a downtown hotel, get one a few miles out and get a cab, it would be cheaper.

Rick5895 01-19-2011 04:03 AM

Re: Ticket Price Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TailgateMel (Post 898975)
Dont get a downtown hotel, get one a few miles out and get a cab, it would be cheaper.

When I come into to the Burgh for games I usually stay in Greentree, just figured to stay at the Hilton or whatever it's called now and walk in. Done the cab thing and shuttle from hotels in past. That is fine for regular season games but after a win Snday would be neet to stay down and party some after the game.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum