Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   100 worst draft pick ever (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6747)

Ohio Steeler 04-28-2006 12:39 PM

100 worst draft pick ever

All sports, but a fun read, since it's draft weekend....lots of football players, along with other sports

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...enfield/060427

BBC 04-28-2006 12:54 PM

Re: 100 worst draft pick ever

Broken link.

Ohio Steeler 04-28-2006 04:11 PM

sorry I do belive I fixed it. My bad damn type'o :dang: :dang:

BB2W 04-28-2006 04:15 PM

Four Penn State runningbacks and you could probabaly add DE Courtney Brown to the list. :redface:

Ohio Steeler 04-28-2006 04:19 PM

what about osu's Clarett I do belive he was a 3rd round pick for denver

BBC 04-28-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

80. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees (No. 6, 1992)
What, you want to defend this pick? Do you like to steal candy from little kids? Imagine, for a moment, if the Expos had taken Jeter with the No. 3 pick instead of B.J. Wallace: Montreal would now be playing in its fabulous, 21st-century stadium, Jarry Park II, where free agents like Alex Rodriguez and Gary Sheffield take pay cuts just to play in baseball's most luxurious ballpark and high-five Youppi! after hitting game-winning home runs. It's a place where the Expos are going for their sixth straight division title and fans admit, "We don't really care about the hockey playoffs this year" as they flock to see Jeter captain their beloved Expos. True, there would be no baseball in our nation's capital, but that would be a small price to pay to see Jeter plying his trade in Montreal pinstripes.
So this pick was a bust because he went the Yankees? Good logic... :rolleyes:

Quote:

50. Stephon Marbury, Milwaukee Bucks (No. 4, 1996)
But he's been a two-time All-Star! I don't want to hear it. This guy has destroyed more franchises than Jeffrey Loria. The facts speak for themselves: Every team he leaves gets better, every team he joins gets worse. He's a disaster with a high scoring average.
By this logic, shouldn't T.O. be on this list?

Quote:

46. Mark McGwire, Oakland A's (No. 10, 1984)
If only the Cubs had taken McGwire at No. 3, or maybe the Reds at No. 5, or maybe the Giants at No. 9, then McGwire never would have been teammates with Jose Canseco, he never would have been introduced to steroids (you know, if it happened that way), he wouldn't have shattered Maris' record in '98, Barry wouldn't have gotten jealous, Pedro Gomez would get to cover the actual game of baseball, we wouldn't have "Bonds on Bonds" and life as we know it would generally smell more like roses and fresh-baked bread.
If he thinks that if McGwire had been drafted by the Cubs, Reds, or Giants we would not have a steroid problem than he really needs to wake up and smell the roses and fresh-baked bread.

Not to mention the countless times he named someone who has only played for 3 or less seasons a bust.

While his logic is inconsistent, and he really needs to figure out the definition of a "flop," this is a good read all-in-all.

lamberts-lost-tooth 05-25-2006 09:14 AM

Im a little late ...but let me strike terror into all the Steeler-faithful hearts....JERMAINE STEPHENS!!! The memory of his failed wind-sprints after ONE YEAR still haunt me!

Suitanim 05-25-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
Im a little late ...but let me strike terror into all the Steeler-faithful hearts....JERMAINE STEPHENS!!! The memory of his failed wind-sprints after ONE YEAR still haunt me!

No conversation about horrific nightmare Steelers busts is complete without him...

3 to be 4 05-25-2006 10:06 PM

In 1990 the Patriots had 2 high first round draft choices and picked Ray Agnew and Chris Singleton, when they could have had Junior Seau and Cortez Kennedy.
In 1985 they traded down, passing up on Jerry Rice. And in 1983 they passed on Dan Marino and Jim Kelley when they saw that Tony Eason had fallen into their laps.

tony hipchest 05-25-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
In 1990 the Patriots had 2 high first round draft choices and picked Ray Agnew and Chris Singleton, when they could have had Junior Seau and Cortez Kennedy.
In 1985 they traded down, passing up on Jerry Rice. And in 1983 they passed on Dan Marino and Jim Kelley when they saw that Tony Eason had fallen into their laps.

although not top 100 worthy, i'll give the patriots an honorable mention for andy katzenmoyer.