Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LITP's Mock(ed) Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6756)

Livinginthe past 04-28-2006 05:42 PM

LITP's Mock(ed) Draft

Ok people here comes the draft that is going to be so far from what actually happens it will make you feel better about your own poor impression of Nostradamus.

1. Texans - Bush - the only player to get 100% positive press, this guy sounds like he could make a franchise - and the Texans have been stuck in neutral for too long.

2. Jets (Trade with Saints) - Matt Leinart - Great things expected from Hollywood - he can walk the walk can he talk the talk?

3. Titans - Mario Williams - Jets swoop into to take Leinart so the Titans settle for the elite DE talent.

4. Saints (In trade with Jets) - D'Brickshaw - The Saints upgrade to the 'Brees Block'

5. Packers - AJ Hawk - the Pack really arent going TE here.

6. 49ers - Winston Justice - lets get Alex Smith some protection for the all important 2nd year.

7. Raiders - Jay Cutler - since when didnt the Raiders covet the strongest arm available - will start for the Raiders by game 8.

8. Bills - Haloti Ngata - the Bills run D is woeful - this will help.

9. Cardinals (In trade with Lions) - Vince Young - the Cards are desperate for a QB - Cutler is gone so next best is Vince.

10. Lions (In trade with Cards) - Michael Huff - Need a QB too but dont like Vince as they have invested too much in their WR corps right now.Will look for a more prototypical passer in later rounds.

11. Rams - Jimmy Williams - the Rams could always do with some D - now that there O is getting old it may be too late.

12. Browns - Manny Lawson - 3-4 Romeo goes LB and gets the new Willie McG to learn from the old one.

13. Ravens - Santonio Holmes - the Browns need some options for their QB and settle for the top rated WR in the draft.

14. Eagles - Vernon Davis - another weapon for McNabb if he can hold onto the ball, which would put him ahead of the rest of the Eagles catching corps.

15. Broncos - Tye Hill - The Bronco's look to 'tye up' the best CB tandem in football.

16. Dolphins - Ernie Sims - LB for another Belichick disciple.

17. Vikings - Winston Justice - 2nd best OL in the draft and good value.

18. Cowboys - Bobby Carpenter - the Pats love him, but they wont get him.

19. Chargers - Antonio Cromartie - the run D looks fine, so the DB's get a make over.

20. Chiefs - Nick Mangold - the Chiefs game is based on a dominant O-Line, their current one is getting old..all at the same time.

21. Patriots - Chad Greenway - Pats, as predicted, go LB and get a good 'un.

22. 49ers - DeAngelo Williams the great RB drought ends with the selection of DW.

23. Bucs - Chad Jackson - Tampa O gets a well neede shot in the arm.

24. Bengals - DeMeco Ryans - the weak Bengals LB corps gets some help.

25. Giants - Kelly Jennings - CB help for NY.

26. Bears - Lendale White - Bears dreams come true a quality power runner to complement the aggresive D.

27. Panthers - Laurene Maroney - a sudden run in RB's - the Panthers need some competition for Foster.

28. Jaguars - Tamba Hali - a surprise faller Jax upgrade the pass rush.

29. Jets - Kamerion Wimbley - another LB faller but the Jets get a pass rush.

30. Colts - Jason Allen - Colts go D with a solid safety selection.

31. Seahawks - Ashton 'Shake' Youboty - DB corps was badly exposed in the SB.

32. Steelers - Matthias Kiwanuka - DE converted to OLB - Joey P Junior.

And that concludes this years first round......

I think the Steelers need a more consistent pass rush, which means quality relief for Haggans and Porter. I think Porter loses motivation in the regular season and could do with the kick up the ass.

The Pats really have to go LB - with Dillon signed for a few more years at good money, they cannot afford to go RB in the 1st round.

NM

tony hipchest 04-28-2006 05:54 PM

Re: LITP's Mock(ed) Draft

well the fact that you have winston justice being drafted by #6 sf and #17 vikings pretty much scraps this mock. definitely unconventionnal thinking and some bold moves. i cant see a position swap between the cards and lions, does d. green really want to get fired that bad? i see l. white is your matt jones shocker pick. i too think white could be a shocker pick, but im thinking to either sf at #22 or the giants at #25. for the ultimate shocker ill be watching the cheifs and the bucs (more probable the giants if white slips) to see if the steelers strike a deal to trade up for a player many think may fall to them. i dont think white just falls to them. what you said about white and dillon kind of contradicts c. benson, t. jones, and white in the same backfield.

Livinginthe past 04-28-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
well the fact that you have winston justice being drafted by #6 sf and #17 vikings pretty much scraps this mock. definitely unconventionnal thinking and some bold moves. i cant see a position swap between the cards and lions, does d. green really want to get fired that bad? i see l. white is your matt jones shocker pick. i too think white could be a shocker pick, but im thinking to either sf at #22 or the giants at #25. for the ultimate shocker ill be watching the cheifs and the bucs (more probable the giants if white slips) to see if the steelers strike a deal to trade up for a player many think may fall to them. i dont think white just falls to them. what you said about white and dillon kind of contradicts c. benson, t. jones, and white in the same backfield.

Ha ha..crap.

I guessed I would do something dumb like double book a player.

Cannot be bothered to rearrange it all now - at least ive doubled my odds of getting the right team to draft him! :sofunny:

I think Denny Green is desperate for a QB and will reach for Vince, ideally he would have got Cutler...who went to the Raiders after all.

As long as I havent double booked anyone else this will have to do!

Thomas Jones will be traded before or during the draft. (I omitted that important development totally by accident!)

NM

MasterOfPuppets 04-28-2006 06:08 PM

no way does vernon davis fall that far.

tony hipchest 04-28-2006 06:08 PM

you did call it the "mock(ed) draft. o. newsome is too smart to go wr again. think t. taylor and the dude from last year, being weapons for the over rated qb they traded up for. rayrays message was straight to the top when he said get him someone to shed blockers or trade him

MasterOfPuppets 04-28-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

you did call it the "mock(ed) draft. o. newsome is too smart to go wr again. think t. taylor and the dude from last year, being weapons for the over rated qb they traded up for. rayrays message was straight to the top when he said get him someone to shed blockers or trade him

givin the way newsome has let that franchise fall apart so quickly,and do nothing to improve thier roster ,i wouldn't use newsome and smart in the same sentence.:sign02:

tony hipchest 04-28-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
givin the way newsome has let that franchise fall apart so quickly,and do nothing to improve thier roster ,i wouldn't use newsome and smart in the same sentence.:sign02:

when asked who was the best defense ever

70's steelers
85 bears
86 giants (whom he all played against)

and the 2000 ravens (whom he assembled) he said,

"hands down, the steelers" the greatest defense ever. no question.

billick and boller has screwed up that org. not ozzie.

MasterOfPuppets 04-28-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

when asked who was the best defense ever

70's steelers
85 bears
86 giants (whom he all played against)

and the 2000 ravens (whom he assembled) he said,

"hands down, the steelers" the greatest defense ever. no question.

billick and boller has screwed up that org. not ozzie.

well if ozzy gets credit for building that 2000 team,then shouldn't he shoulder the blame for the lack of talent in 2005??