Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Mock Drafts 2011 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=67669)

bubbletownwr88 01-23-2011 12:59 PM

Mock Drafts 2011

2011 Draft
Round 1: Trade up to #23 Mike Pouncey OG Florida
Round 2: Ben Ijalana Villanova LT
Round 3: Christian Ballard Iowa DE or Randy Carmichael Virginia Tech CB
Round 4: Courtney Smith South Alabama WR
Round 5: Greg Romeus DE Pitt
Round 6: Casey Matthews ILB Oregon
Round 7: Charlie Gantt TE Michigan State

PhantomJB93 01-23-2011 02:26 PM

Re: Mock Drafts 2011

One OL in the first 3 rounds is enough, I mean jeez it may be in shambles now but we're not THAT desparate yet that we should have both our top picks be Olinemen in a draft that is relatively weak at OL nonetheless...

Not a personal shot at your mock but I just keep seeing a lot of people doing this and it annoys the helll out of me, I mean Starks and Colon aren't dead...

MDSteel15 01-24-2011 09:51 AM

Won't happen because we aren't moving up to take Mike, Matthews is rated a lot higher than that and we don't need any more mid round CBs!

Merchant 01-25-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSteel15 (Post 905987)
Won't happen because we aren't moving up to take Mike, Matthews is rated a lot higher than that and we don't need any more mid round CBs!

Chemistry and cohesiveness are huge factors on the O-Line. You can't have any better chemistry than with TWINS. Plus there's the Awesomeness factor.. how AWESOME would it be to have the Pouncey Twins anchoring the Steelers' line?

MDSteel15 01-25-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merchant (Post 906880)
Chemistry and cohesiveness are huge factors on the O-Line. You can't have any better chemistry than with TWINS. Plus there's the Awesomeness factor.. how AWESOME would it be to have the Pouncey Twins anchoring the Steelers' line?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice but we aren't going to trade up to get him when I think he may fall either to us or past! :noidea:

pete74 01-26-2011 02:03 PM

Ballard will be gone way before that pick in the 3rd. Matthews definatly isnt as good as his brother but if we could get him in the later rounds i wouldnt complain. he definatly dosnt have the great pass rushing skills his brother has

MasterOfPuppets 01-26-2011 04:43 PM

wow... what are the odds of brothers having the same injury at the same time ?
i've been saying for awhile that he'd need a good senior bowl and combine to get into the 1st.

Quote:

Pouncey: How His Exit from fhe Senior Bowl Hurts His Draft Status. Mike Pouncey was supposed to take part in this year's much-anticipated Senior Bowl, but a high ankle sprain has put the Florida guard/center on the shelf for the game and has left much disappointment amongst the NFL scouts.
Pouncey is a highly sought-after guard prospect and there have been many who are wondering if he has the ability to play guard at a high level in the NFL. Pouncey was supposed to use the Senior Bowl as a platform to demonstrate his ability, but now he’ll have to try his luck at the combine.
Hopefully he has healed in time for that, or he could watch his draft stock continue to fall.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...s-draft-status

BlackNGold88 01-26-2011 04:48 PM

Pouncey isn't even the top ranked guard in this draft and I just don't see us drafting him in round 1, let alone trading up for him. I'd like to get Derek Sherrod in round 1 if Adrian Clayborn or Brandon Harris are gone.

Wallace17 01-26-2011 07:17 PM

we deff need a very good CB. Ike is getting up in age.

BKAnthem 01-28-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallace17 (Post 908635)
we deff need a very good CB. Ike is getting up in age.

We need 2...then we can wave the other busts