Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Santonio Holmes.. Welcome to the Steelers ! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6785)

noto45 04-29-2006 03:47 PM

Santonio Holmes.. Welcome to the Steelers !

I sure didnt see that coming!!!!!!!!

pucho58 04-29-2006 03:50 PM

Re: Santonio Holmes?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by noto45

:iagree:

BlitzburghRockCity 04-29-2006 03:50 PM

Welcome to the Super Bowl Champs buddy ! Im not sure any of us saw it coming that we would trade up 7 spots.

He should fit in nicely, he's the same type of player that ARE was in terms of being a multi-dimensional threat for us. He'll come in and compete for the 3rd WR spot behind Hines and Cedric, do punt returns probably right away. He could be the #2 guy by mid season or the end of the season if things work out.

Suitanim 04-29-2006 03:51 PM

I did...I ALWAYS said that if he dropped into the 20's, we move up for him.

clevestinks 04-29-2006 03:52 PM

Re: Santonio Holmes.. Welcome to the Steelers !

He will fit in just great, this is a steal at that pick! Here We Go Steelers

Haiku_Dirtt 04-29-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noto45

Yeah.

I think once Reggie Bush fell to #2 the dominos started falling. I think Suit called a receiver in the first round.

I was pulling for LenDale White.

STEEL-MAN 04-29-2006 03:54 PM

Cowher loved this guy, I'm still shocked they moved up for him! Look for Defense the rest of the day..

SteelersFever 04-29-2006 04:01 PM

I love the guy already. He said he was a Steelers fan since '95. Does it get any better? :smile:

drizze99 04-29-2006 04:05 PM

I definitely didn't see that coming! I very happy with that jump to grab him. We Had extra picks to do the move, so why not!!

Welcome to the Black-n-Gold S. Holmes!!

Suitanim 04-29-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEEL-MAN
Cowher loved this guy, I'm still shocked they moved up for him! Look for Defense the rest of the day..

Want a freaky pick? It's not outside the realm of possibilty that we package a couple more picks and try to move up in 2 for White.

We have no real holes in the defensive end. Why not gamble a little on the offensive side?