Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Y didnt we take White? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6789)

Volpe1564 04-29-2006 06:03 PM

Y didnt we take White?

i think it was they thought WR was a bigger need. but i cant help but think it has something to do with the drug test thing....anyone else?

tony hipchest 04-29-2006 06:07 PM

Re: Y didnt we take White?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volpe1564
i think it was they thought WR was a bigger need. but i cant help but think it has something to do with the drug test thing....anyone else?

had to have been. bettis is harder to replace than el but white probably wants to go to a team and be "the man". that just isnt happening in pittsburgh.
no reason to risk him being the next r. williams.

BlitzburghRockCity 04-29-2006 06:08 PM

The organization had a WR or RB targeted all along. we have more depth, experienced and talented depth at RB as far as Willie and Duce and Verron..but after Hines, there is a bit of a drop off in talent, so Holmes is a good choice for us. We'll take a RB too, I have little doubt of that, but the steelers dont usually draft RB's high so the fact that they were considering Lendale is a big deal in itself, but at this time, in a weak WR class, Santonio was the better choice, IMO.

You can always find talent at RB in later rounds, we've proven that as well as everybody else.

Volpe1564 04-29-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
no reason to risk him being the next r. williams.

LOL...smoking dope with Ghandi?? :funny:

rgleason 04-29-2006 06:12 PM

He might smoke dope, but he probably knows how to spell Ghandi.

Volpe1564 04-29-2006 06:14 PM

i gotta buy a spell checker ;)

DIESELMAN 04-29-2006 06:16 PM

Yeah his character was a big question mark, to many negs and doubts, theres still a few good RB's left to be had later that will be a good fit. I'm glad we took Santonio we needed a deep threat for Big Ben with his arm and getting better every season LOOK OUT!!!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 04-29-2006 06:22 PM

I was upset about the pick at first. But thinking it over I looked at our depth at RB, compared to our depth at WR. Holmes fills a greater need on our offense, will give us a chance to open our running game up for fast willie parker and give ben another target on the field. Lendale would have been great but I now believe holmes is better for the team.
I do believe that the steelers will pick up a back later in the draft, but in the first round. We filled our biggest hole... WARD. Wilson. Morgan. Washington.....Holmes will be a number 2 by middle of 2006 season. and i hope washington will be 3

Haiku_Dirtt 04-29-2006 06:38 PM

Y o Y?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volpe1564

Well the Titans are upping the ante.

LenDale White is going to be a touchdown machine.

Addai before White will be one of the bigger blunders in the draft.

Now Vince and LenDale can team up against Team Bush who is starting to come off like Kobe Bryant.

tony hipchest 04-29-2006 06:57 PM

i still say jerome is harder to relace than randle el. jerome was a td machine. so was lendale. no telling what type of masking agent lendale was busted for. with the amount of stock his has plummeted i guess we dont need one shipping pounds of weed to compensate for draft day money lost. not to bust on lendale, im just disappointed these draft day allegations had to surface. steelers will always take the character guy over talent.