Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Steelers eyeing T.J.Duckett (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6824)

SteelerFanInATL 04-30-2006 11:32 AM

Steelers eyeing T.J.Duckett

I just read an artical from PPG that the steelers are trying to trade there 5th round pick for Duckett. I said a while back that the Falcons wanted to get rid of him and this would be a great move on our part to acquire him.

www.post-gazette.com/steelers

clevestinks 04-30-2006 11:34 AM

Re: Steelers eyeing T.J.Duckett

Thats what I`m talking about, I mentioned Duckett over and over , when we passed on White just trust our brain trust, they will make the right moves.

Prosdo 04-30-2006 11:34 AM

I would be for bringing Duckett over.

BlitzburghRockCity 04-30-2006 11:38 AM

I mentioned this in a thread a few days ago.. the falcons have lead the league in rushing the last 2 years in a row.. Granted Vick had something to do without but Duckett is no push over either..he's been productive and maybe he could have his rebirth with us

clevestinks 04-30-2006 11:45 AM

Once again if this trade does go as planned, Duckett would be a steal for a fifth. And we wait until others give up on the big backs then we get them for a steal, ala Bettis and Staley, all three would have been high picks that we waited a few years and put them in the right system, for a bargain price

BlitzburghRockCity 04-30-2006 11:47 AM

I'd be willing to give up one of our 4th rounders for him too !!

SteelerFanInATL 04-30-2006 11:47 AM

This is like de-ja-vo. (Excuse the spelling if its wrong) This could be the second coming of J.B. I've seen Duckett play a few times and would fit in with our style of playing.
In the words of Eric B. & Rakim (Old School Rappers) Duckett can definately "move the crowd".

jaysta 04-30-2006 11:48 AM

After that bonehead move passing on White we better get someone like T.J. Otherwise this could be a long season without a big back in that system.:dang: :dang: :dang:

83-Steelers-43 04-30-2006 11:51 AM

Steelers wheeling, dealing with eye on veteran running back
Sunday, April 30, 2006

By Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers are considering making a trade for a veteran running back today and speculation is centered on big Atlanta back, T.J. Duckett.

Duckett (6-0, 254) has fallen out of favor under a new regime in Atlanta and the Falcons yesterday drafted his replacement, Jerious Norwood, a running back from Mississippi State on the third round.

The Steelers have only a pick in the fifth, sixth and seventh round available to trade but the Falcons want to get rid of Duckett and might take a fifth-rounder in return.

"I would take him in a minute, he's a load,'' said Ron Hill, the Falcons former director of player personnel when they drafted Duckett. "He's a great kid, too."

Duckett was drafted in the first round in 2002 from Michigan State. He rushed for 380 yards with a 3.1-yard average last season but scored eight touchdowns. His best season was 2003 when he rushed for 779 yards and 11 touchdowns. He's never had 200 carries in a NFL season.

83-Steelers-43 04-30-2006 12:32 PM

I'd like to see it. We haven't drafted an HB yet, is there something in the works with Duckett as we type?