Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Mixed Feelings About The Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6832)

Black@Gold Forever32 04-30-2006 02:10 PM

Mixed Feelings About The Draft

First I love trading up for Holmes. Great move on the Steelers part. I give them tons of credit for trading to get their man. Didn't mind trading our 2nd for two thirds. Anthony Smith was a good pick. Should be a good player in the pros. I expect Smith to have more range and make more plays on the ball then Chris Hope did. I don't think Smith will be the hitter that Hope was. Good thing Smith can sit and learn next year since we signed Ryan Clark.

Willie Reid didn't understand that pick at first. Holmes and Reid are really the same type of players. But my understanding is the Steelers want Holmes to just play reciever and use Reid for the return game. Plus Reid would give more depth at reciever. That means Lee Mays will be cut once again. Thank God

The fourth round picks. Didn't like the OT pick from Hofstra. Heard he will switch to guard in the NFL. Orien Harris our second fourth round pick has talent and I think he has upside. Thought that was a good pick.

Our first 5th rounder the QB from Bowling Green Omar Jacobs. I like that pick. You have to have two young QB's in the NFL today. Ben and Omar both are mobile stronged armed QB's. The second 5th round pick Charles Davis wasn't happy at all about.

Prosdo 04-30-2006 02:12 PM

Re: Mixed Feelings About The Draft

I'm pretty happy so far. The TE pick threw me though.

Black@Gold Forever32 04-30-2006 02:16 PM

I'm happy overall. Just think they should draft alittle more defense. You can never have enough pass rushers at OLB in a 3-4. Plus our ILB depth isn't the greatest. Overall a good draft just to much offense. Only two picks I really don't care for the OT from Hofstra and the TE Charles Davis. Other then another solid draft by the Steelers.

Rotorhead 04-30-2006 02:23 PM

If we can get the TE up to speed on blocking, I think it could pan out to be a good pick in goal line situations. He is a tall jumper which is just what we need in the endzone and what we do not have at WR. Will be a nice mix to have the 2 TE setup and everyone thing run run then a quick out play up for grabs to him. That is what I can come up with anyway haha.

Rotorhead 04-30-2006 02:24 PM

I agree we could use some more Def picks. I will the majority of picks next year will be Def!

Dook 04-30-2006 02:24 PM

We haven't addressed RB at all. Willie can't do it all so that means we are really depending on Duce to stay healthy all year with at least 20 carries per game.

I think Verron is going to get a lot more playing time than usual.

We also haven't drafted a LB, we passed up very good talent in Abdul Hodge and good talent in Terna Nande and John Busing.

BigDude66687 04-30-2006 04:59 PM

I actually think the TE was a good pick, i mean behind heath we have Tuman who is adequate at best, I hear from my friends at Purdue that he's a solid player and a good character guy. He seems to fit the Steeler mold quite well

tootalltoscore 04-30-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDude66687
I actually think the TE was a good pick, i mean behind heath we have Tuman who is adequate at best, I hear from my friends at Purdue that he's a solid player and a good character guy. He seems to fit the Steeler mold quite well

The bottom line, that is what we love about the Steelers, TEAM players one and all, let the individuals leave