Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Grade The Steelers Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6845)

Stlrs4Life 04-30-2006 07:29 PM

Grade The Steelers Draft

How well do you think the Steelers did in the 2006 NFL Draft?

I gave a grade of C.

SteelerzGirl 04-30-2006 07:46 PM

Re: Grade The Steelers Draft

I gave it a B. We added some depth in some areas, scored with Santonio Holmes, but yet we weren't in need all that much except for in our running game and I'm still waiting to see how all that plays out.

desertsteel 04-30-2006 07:47 PM

Four years running with drafting the BEST player at a particular position... Safety, QB, TE, WR. The first three have been validated with TP, BR, and HM. I fully expect SH to back it up next year as well. Who else has done that the last few years?!?! Look, if all it took was a couple of draft magizines to be a GM we would all be running teams. Obviously our hopes and projections were built by these publications. Some players that mine said were in the top 5 at their position didn't even get drafted. If we missed on Bing and the other safety, so did 31 others teams... about 3-4 times each! My grade was a B, but in all honesty, the Steelers probably deserve an A based on the fact they just won a Super Bowl and I'm typing on a message board.

tony hipchest 04-30-2006 07:53 PM

a c is average. we had average needs and addressed them with average players. we got 2 wr who could really turn into something. if they do this draft could be a "b". adding c players to a group of "a+"

Black@Gold Forever32 04-30-2006 08:13 PM

Way to early to grade this draft. We won't have a good read on this draft on how it will turn out for at least 3-5 years. All I know Holmes has the potential to very special. Anthony Smith has potential to be a good player one day and could turn out to the starter at FS. Willie Reid has the skills and potential to very good return guy and maybe a good third to fourth reciever. Orein Harris and Omar Jacobs were great value picks at the spots they were taken at. Humes was a interesting pick in the 7th.

nwksteeler 04-30-2006 08:14 PM

My grade was b and it could turn out to be an A, I believe we got good value.

Prosdo 04-30-2006 08:26 PM

I think we did very well. Of course time will only tell. I think these players have a lot of potential. I give it a B+.

Lyn 04-30-2006 08:29 PM

Besides running back I thought we went after our needs . I dont agree on when on some and who on others but I thought we did ok . Jacobs will continue the slash role that we use better than any team , Harris will get valuable playing time on DL and will start someday, Reid is one helluva returner , Smith will contribute on special teams and well Holmes is just awesome . Only question why did we draft a tackle ?

Solid B in my opinion

noto45 04-30-2006 08:40 PM

c+ but I think it could be better if the players pan out. I trust the front office but I do NOT want to wait another 26 years to win again!

Mosca 04-30-2006 08:43 PM

I give it a B because drafting at 32, in a weak year, you can't do a lot. Based on the talent we got, a B. Based on how we maximized what we had available , I'd give it an A, but the guys we got were B.

That's on what we know now. For all we know Cedric Humes is going to come into camp ripped to the gills and make everyone forget about Bus and Franco and everyone else. Or not. For me, this will be a good draft if 2 guys stick.

Tom