Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers looking to regain the edge from '04 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=701)

BlitzburghRockCity 05-06-2005 12:13 AM

Steelers looking to regain the edge from '04

Steelers hope to use title game loss as motivation for '05
Friday, May 06, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers dealt with the unexcused absence of Plaxico Burress during minicamp last year. Today, something else might be missing as they enter their mandatory three-day spring camp -- a certain attitude, an edge, a drive that comes with the humiliation of a 6-10 record.

Even coach Bill Cowher raised the issue of how his team can recapture the kind of drive that helped carry them through a 15-1 record last season.

"We came off a year where we were 6-10, we had a little bit of an edge," Cowher said. "We played the season a little bit with that ... the one thing we can't lose sight of is how we were able to approach last year with a sense of urgency week in and week out. I think that's the challenge as a head coach I have, that's the challenge our staff has and our football team has is coming back and playing with that edge."

and the rest....

SteelersGirlTN7 05-06-2005 12:20 AM

Re: Steelers looking to regain the edge from '04

Imagine if we went 15 and 1 again!?!

You know .. if we don't I don't care... doesn't matter what our record is .. as long as we win in Detroit in Feb! LOL

BlitzburghRockCity 05-06-2005 12:30 AM

Michele? is that you!! Hey girl !!!!

Yeah, Detroit is the ultimate goal, get Jerome his ring !!!!!!!!

Prosdo 05-06-2005 02:29 AM

The 15-1 was great last year. This time I want to see us go the whole way. Jerome Bettis of all people deserves a ring.

clevestinks 05-06-2005 07:52 AM

15-1 wont cut it this year. we need to be 18-1 that will do. lol :cool:

JrRawlins 05-06-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks

i dont care if we win 15 games this year or not...... as long as we get to the Super Bowl and WIN!!!!

Prosdo 05-06-2005 04:54 PM

Couldn't agree with you more JR. Superbowl is the ultimate goal. Feeling this year is where the one for the thumb comes! :)

geran42o 05-06-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prosdo
Couldn't agree with you more JR. Superbowl is the ultimate goal. Feeling this year is where the one for the thumb comes! :)

God I hope, I just want to rub it in the clowns fans faces that I work with.

ironcitychef 05-07-2005 12:17 AM

I understand how it could be tough to be fired up not coming off a 6-10 season, but I think we could have that "3 more yards" attitude this year. Wait and see.

bigbensgirl7 05-07-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks

How about 19-0 :D :D