Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Rotoworld Draft Grades--Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7015)

Stlrs4Life 05-06-2006 08:02 PM

Rotoworld Draft Grades--Steelers

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...rticleid=21593

Pittsburgh Steelers

1. (25) WR Santonio Holmes, Ohio State
The Super Bowl champs traded up for Holmes, our top-rated receiver. He?ll replace Randle El as their starter in the slot. Cedrick Wilson moves to the third role and Quincy Morgan should no longer be a major factor.
Grade: A+

3. (83) S Anthony Smith, Syracuse
Smith was an elite college player who fell due to a lack of elite speed. He could compete with Ryan Clark and Tyrone Carter to start at free safety. Many are high on his pro potential.
Grade: B

3. (95) WR Willie Reid, Florida State
They already had wideouts, so Reid becomes the Steelers return ace. His 4.3 speed should allow Holmes to focus on being a full-time receiver.
Grade: B-

4. (131) OG Willie Colon, Hofstra
Guard depth was a need even though we didn?t think he?d get drafted. Colon could be their No. 3 as a rookie.
Grade: C

4. (133) DT Orien Harris, Miami FL
Another down lineman labeled a talented underachiever, Harris was a find in the fourth. He?ll be their third nose behind Casey Hampton and Chris Hoke.
Grade: B-

5. (164) QB Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
Jacobs was pegged as high as the second round, so it?s a good value. He could push Charlie Batch to be the No. 3 and send Rod Rutherford back to the practice team. The Steelers don?t seem to mind his short-arm delivery.

5. (167) TE Charles Davis, Purdue
Davis was often split out wide in college. He?ll be the third tight end in Pittsburgh.

6. (201) C Marvin Philip, California
It was a good draft for centers and they found a good one in the sixth round. He?ll sit behind Jeff Hartings and Chukky Okobi in his first year, but Philip could make the aging Hartings dispensable after 2006.

7. (240) FB Cedric Humes, Virginia Tech
Humes projects as Duce Staley?s eventual replacement in short-yardage. He?s currently fourth in depth.

Overall Draft Analysis: From top to bottom, this was a solid draft with no complaints. It?s clear why teams like Pittsburgh and New England stay on top year in, year out.

Overall Draft Grade: B+

Suitanim 05-06-2006 08:12 PM

Re: Rotoworld Draft Grades--Steelers

Cool...nice analysis.

Stlrs4Life 05-06-2006 08:18 PM

I kinda like Morgan over Cedric though.

3 to be 4 05-06-2006 09:46 PM

aHEM. i like the Patriots analysis. very astute website.

Stlrs4Life 05-06-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
aHEM. i like the Patriots analysis. very astute website.

Thought you would.:busted:

Suitanim 05-06-2006 09:55 PM

The guy gave the Browns an A+, which taints his analysis a bit...

3 to be 4 05-06-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
The guy gave the Browns an A+, which taints his analysis a bit...

oh crap!!!!!! :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

Haiku_Dirtt 05-06-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life
I kinda like Morgan over Cedric though.

I don't know. Morgan has a long stride on returns without the 'east-west' junk that seemed to hamper more than help ARE. Wonder what's up with his injury.

But Ced raised his game just in time late in the season to make me wonder.

Isn't Rotoworld a fantasy football thang?

Blitzburgh55 05-06-2006 10:26 PM

Nice Report