Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Overrated/ underrated AFCN Players? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7027)

clevestinks 05-07-2006 06:58 AM

Overrated/ underrated AFCN Players?

I took this from Bengals Board this morning, so I will ask the same question here, who is your top 5 over/under rated players in our AFCN?

I have to use this one from the bungels board as an example:

Paul from Dayton wrote:Overrated:
1. Little Ben
2. Hines Ward
3. Willie Parker
4. Ray Lewis
5. Reuben Droughns

Underrated:
1. Madieu Williams
2. Jeremi Johnson
3. T.J.
4. Heath Miller
5. Chris McAllister

Talk about a hater! We just won the Super Bowl, and demolished the competition in the playoffs, all on the road. But our three top offensive players are all over rated?? LOL
I enjoy a good fan, nothing wrong with backing your team, but have a little knowledge of the game, and some smarts!

Ohio Steeler 05-07-2006 07:56 AM

Re: Overrated/ underrated AFCN Players?

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
I took this from Bengals Board this morning, so I will ask the same question here, who is your top 5 over/under rated players in our AFCN?

I have to use this one from the bungels board as an example:

1. Little Ben
2. Hines Ward
3. Willie Parker
4. Ray Lewis
5. Reuben Droughns

Underrated:
1. Madieu Williams
2. Jeremi Johnson
3. T.J.
4. Heath Miller
5. Chris McAllister

Talk about a hater! We just won the Super Bowl, and demolished the competition in the playoffs, all on the road. But our three top offensive players are all over rated?? LOL
I enjoy a good fan, nothing wrong with backing your team, but have a little knowledge of the game, and some smarts!

they are bungals fans they have no knowledge

SteelerzGirl 05-07-2006 09:11 AM

Wow, I guess I shouldn't be shocked by what the Bengals fans post, but I personally don't think any of the Steelers are overrated. If anything, the players/team are underrated, and that's the way I like it. :smile:

BB2W 05-07-2006 10:38 AM

Just another example of "Steeler-envy"... Bengals fans are delusional, and totally obsessed with the Steelers. :pity:

Lyn 05-07-2006 10:47 AM

I do not think ANY football player who has made the NFL is UNDERrated. The video I saw on draft day that all the players have to go through to make it to the draft was unbelieveable and I had no idea they went through so much. Each player is full of athleticism and it doesn't really matter if they are a star player or on the practice squad. The guys on the practice squad are who make the team a good team.
For anyone to say that a Superbowl team is overrated is simply ignorant. Even with the disdain I hold for the Patriots, I would be the first to say they are an awesome team. The only reason I have felt any negative feelings about them is because they have beat the Steelers so many times, no other reason. And that is the same reason many fans of other teams do not like the Steelers because they don't like the same team in the playoffs every year, they would kinda like to see their team in. We have all been there we know how it feels. Some fans are "overrated" but no football player in the NFL is.

Man_Of_Steel 05-07-2006 11:04 AM

Its all about JEALOUSY.

j-dawg 05-07-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
1. Little Ben
2. Hines Ward
3. Willie Parker
4. Ray Lewis
5. Reuben Droughns

Reuben Droughns came to cleveland after a great year with the broncos (1240 yards rushing). everybody says that it's because of the broncos offense... that they've produced so many 1000 yard rushers. Droughns says he's got something to prove. cleveland hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher in over ten years, and by the end of the season Reuben has rushed for 1232 yards.

and that's overrated?

Black@Gold Forever32 05-07-2006 11:16 AM

First things first. I'm really tired of the Bengals fans. I never really hated the Bengals before last year. I didn't like them but I straight out hate the Ravens and Browns. But after the Bengals finally have one good year. The Bengals fans think they are greatest thing in the NFL.

Second if any fan think thats Hines Ward is overrated then they don't have freaking clue and shouldn't watch football. Hines and the numbers he puts up on a run first football team speaks for itself. Throw in the blocking that Hines does and it puts him on another level.

Steelers fans know how important Ben Roethlisberger is to our team. I can see where other teams fans think that he is overrated since he doesn't put up the big numbers like a Peyton Manning. But fans that don't watch Steelers games like us Steelers don't know that the Steelers usually have a very balanced offense in first half of games. Then in the second half when the Steelers have the lead they shut down the passing game and run the football to close the game out.

Big Ben's 27-4 record speaks for itself. I don't want to hear that other QB's like Eli Manning could have the same record if Eli was the QB of the Steelers. I'm sure the Steelers would still have a winning record but not a 27-4 record.

How can Willie Parker be overrated also? The guy was undrafted and rushed for 1200 yards with a 4.7 yards per carry.

Bengals fans make me sick anymore. The rivalry between our teams is back. I hope the Steelers continue to lay the smack down on the Bengals like they always. Now I could have the same class less posts like other rival fans and make an overrated list. But even though I'm a diehard Steelers fans I do respect other teams players talents.

Black@Gold Forever32 05-07-2006 11:19 AM

J-dawq I agree with you about Droughns. Reuben proved last year he wasn't a product of the Broncos system when he had a really good year with the Browns. Droughns was really the only consistent offensive weapon on the Browns last year. Like you said the Browns hadn't had a 1000 yard rusher for years. Droughns in his first year with the team runs for 1200 yards plus. He is a very good running back.

j-dawg 05-07-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Bengals fans make me sick anymore. The rivalry between our teams is back. I hope the Steelers continue to lay the smack down on the Bengals like they always. Now I could have the same class less posts like other rival fans and make an overrated list. But even though I'm a diehard Steelers fans I do respect other teams players talents.

i totally agree with yours also. as much as i get irritated with wards smirk, the dude can play. ben's a smart qb. parker can burn, i've seen it, and it's downright heartwrenching!
none of these guys are overrated...