Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Reasonable CB free Agents!!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=70566)

MDSteel15 02-09-2011 12:08 PM

Reasonable CB free Agents!!!

Johnathan Joseph (CIN) – The Bengals’ corners awakened in 2009 to help lead a good pass defense, but 2010 turned out to be a different story. Both Joseph and Hall regressed and the results in the Bengals secondary showed. Joseph is physical and aggressive and good in any scheme. If the Bengals do hit him with the franchise tag, Joseph has said he’ll sign it on the first day, though he’s holding out hope that the two sides can reach a deal before that point.

Champ Bailey (DEN) – With the Broncos in a period of transition, this may very well be Champ Bailey’s final season in Denver. While injuries have lessened his effectiveness the last couple years, he returned to form this season to stay among the league’s 5 best corners. There have been no talks of a contract extension so far, but Champ remains committed to returning to the Broncos if the interest is mutual.

Richard Marshall (CAR) – Marshall has been okay in coverage over the years, but good in run support. He won’t be at the top of the Panthers priority list, but if they do offer him a fair long-term deal, Marshall is ready to sign immediately.

Brent Grimes (ATL) – Grimes had a fantastic season for an improved Falcons defense. Going into the final week, he’s one back of the leader in deflected passes. As an undrafted player, he’s worked his way and improved each season to become one of the league’s better corners now. With the secondary struggles in Atlanta over the past few years, they’ll show their appreciation for Grimes in the offseason.

Other Notable CBs:
Josh Wilson (BAL)
Al Harris (MIA)

PhantomJB93 02-09-2011 09:10 PM

Re: Reasonable CB free Agents!!!

Jonathan Joseph (and Brent Grimes, but I would be SHOCKED if he is not a Falcon again) is the only one who really interests me, the rest are either too old or just not good anymore.

MDSteel15 02-10-2011 09:50 AM

Champ is still top 5 CB in the league and he's 33... Charles Woodson is top 5 and he's 35! Age don't mean shit if you stay in shape and healthy... :noidea:

bubbletownwr88 02-10-2011 06:09 PM

I would be so excited if the steelers got Brent Grimes he went to college a half an hour away from where i live and he is a fantastic player.