Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crezdon Butler (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=70685)

El Nino 02-11-2011 02:20 PM

Crezdon Butler
 
I will say it again he was stolen. He will be a starter next season opposite of ike, and I'm a little surprised he didn't knock off gay as the nickel already, especially with word around training camp saying that nobody really gets by him in practice.

he was projected to be a 1st round pick if he went into the draft his junior year. his stock dropped after his stats went down big in his senior year, finishing with 1 INT and 8 passes defensed. however that might have been because he was only targeted 14 times ALL SEASON. great stats considering the circumstances. we stole this kid, and if he can step up and land a spot on the starting roster he will be huge.

in college his draft stock dropped for being a shutdown corner essentially. isn't the definition of a shutdown corner a player that no qb's want to throw at, and when they do, they shut down the play more than half the time?

ebsteelers 02-11-2011 02:39 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
i sure hope, i keep hearing how great he is... my question is then why did he never get past the practice squad?

steelerchad 02-11-2011 02:42 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Nino (Post 920566)
I will say it again he was stolen. He will be a starter next season opposite of ike, and I'm a little surprised he didn't knock off gay as the nickel already, especially with word around training camp saying that nobody really gets by him in practice.

he was projected to be a 1st round pick if he went into the draft his junior year. his stock dropped after his stats went down big in his senior year, finishing with 1 INT and 8 passes defensed. however that might have been because he was only targeted 14 times ALL SEASON. great stats considering the circumstances. we stole this kid, and if he can step up and land a spot on the starting roster he will be huge.

in college his draft stock dropped for being a shutdown corner essentially. isn't the definition of a shutdown corner a player that no qb's want to throw at, and when they do, they shut down the play more than half the time?

I hope you're right. We could use a good corner opposite Ike. If what you say about his stats are true, only target 14 times in a season, then I can't believe his stock dropped that much.

pete74 02-11-2011 02:42 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
i really thought he was going to come out and play really well for us this year but he didnt. i sure hope he does well next season but i wouldnt be surprised if he did the same thing he did this year either

Merchant 02-11-2011 02:48 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
[YOUTUBE]YhQucP7DjYE[/YOUTUBE]

thumper 02-11-2011 02:49 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsteelers (Post 920577)
i sure hope, i keep hearing how great he is... my question is then why did he never get past the practice squad?

BINGO

El Nino 02-11-2011 02:59 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 920579)
i really thought he was going to come out and play really well for us this year but he didnt. i sure hope he does well next season but i wouldnt be surprised if he did the same thing he did this year either

probably didn't learn the playbook in swahili and maori yet, which is required for anyone to be a starter in lebeau's system.

ebsteelers 02-11-2011 03:00 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
something doesn't add up..maybe he is in tomlins dog house? i know mendy was in it his rookie year at times and hes doing alright...


but the reason something doesnt make sense is guys like prince akamura(Sp) doesnt get a lot of targets yet he didnt drop out of round 1... same thing with a lot of corners

ebsteelers 02-11-2011 03:04 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
Strengths
A great cover corner with a lot of experience. He saw extensive playing time as early as his freshman year and has been a starter since his sophomore campaign. Great cover corner with good hips, instincts, the ability to stay with anyone, and change of direction ability. Good ball skills and will attack the ball at it’s highest point.



Weaknesses
Not physical at all. Isn’t a great tackler and won’t be much of a help in run support. Will struggle against bigger receivers. Production dipped Senior year.



Analysis
Some will attribute his below average senior year, statistically, to the fact that a lot of quarterbacks didn’t throw his way. That may be the case, but he’s still not big enough or physical enough to warrant a high draft pick. Because of his fluidity and natural cover skills, he could go anywhere between the 4th and 6th rounds.


[url]http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-crezdon-butler[/url





these are his stats from college




Career Stats
Year Tack Solo Asst Sack FF Int TD
2009 36 26 10 1 0 1 0
2008 43 23 20 1 1 4 0
2007 61 36 25 0 0 3 0
2006 26 10 16 0 0 3 0


sorry the columns dont line
doesnt seem too bad of a tackler

pete74 02-11-2011 03:38 PM

Re: Crezdon Butler
 
hopefully he pans out because we really need help and drafting one good corner isnt good enough against teams that can play 4 or 5 wr's. Farrior's cover skills dont help either


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum