Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2012 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Mock Draft (with trades) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=70984)

PhantomJB93 02-19-2011 08:40 PM

Mock Draft (with trades)
 
I'm not necessarily doing this for realism as I doubt the front office would make both of the trades, but more of my ideal scenario of what pans out on draft day.

1. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado (trade picks 31 and our 3rd round pick to Philadelphia and select with pick 23)
2. Stefen Wisniewski, G, Penn State (trade pick 63 and our 3rd round pick in 2012 to select in the 40's)
3. (Traded)
4. Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame
5. Steven Friday, OLB, Virginia Tech
6. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
6. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh (trade 7th rounder this year and 6th rounder in 2012)
7. (traded)

I know Arians doesn't use a fullback but Hynoski is a good pass-catcher and maybe he'll catch Arians's eye for being a fullback he could still use in the passing attack (which I think is one of the reasons why he doesn't like to use a FB) :noidea:

Thoughts?

Mr. Goosemahn 02-20-2011 03:26 AM

Re: Mock Draft (with trades)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 (Post 922366)
I'm not necessarily doing this for realism as I doubt the front office would make both of the trades, but more of my ideal scenario of what pans out on draft day.

1. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado (trade picks 31 and our 3rd round pick to Philadelphia and select with pick 23)
2. Stefen Wisniewski, G, Penn State (trade pick 63 and our 3rd round pick in 2012 to select in the 40's)
3. (Traded)
4. Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame
5. Steven Friday, OLB, Virginia Tech
6. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
6. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh (trade 7th rounder this year and 6th rounder in 2012)
7. (traded)

I know Arians doesn't use a fullback but Hynoski is a good pass-catcher and maybe he'll catch Arians's eye for being a fullback he could still use in the passing attack (which I think is one of the reasons why he doesn't like to use a FB) :noidea:

Thoughts?

Really like both Jimmy Smith and Alex Henery. Not a big fan of trading up for Wisniewski, don't think he fits our scheme. I'd rather trade up for TCU's Marcus Cannon, or not trade up at all. Same for Henry Hynoksi, I'd rather trade up for Stanford's Owen Marecic, even though I think he'll be gone by there.

Other than that, good stuff!

pete74 02-20-2011 07:06 AM

Re: Mock Draft (with trades)
 
i would love Jimmy Smith but we wont get him. he is a bug tough corner and will almost definatly be gone before we pick. i see you have us trading up but i really dont see us doing it for him

Wisniewski is likely a 1st round pick but even if he does slip to the 2nd it will be towards the begining of the round way before we pick and once again i doubt we will trade up

BKAnthem 02-24-2011 03:47 PM

Re: Mock Draft (with trades)
 
Isn't Wisniewski a little light in the britches? He seems to be more of a ZBS guard

MDSteel15 02-24-2011 05:23 PM

Re: Mock Draft (with trades)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn (Post 922377)
Really like both Jimmy Smith and Alex Henery. Not a big fan of trading up for Wisniewski, don't think he fits our scheme. I'd rather trade up for TCU's Marcus Cannon, or not trade up at all. Same for Henry Hynoksi, I'd rather trade up for Stanford's Owen Marecic, even though I think he'll be gone by there.

Other than that, good stuff!

:thumbsup: :popcorn:

pete74 02-25-2011 04:04 PM

Re: Mock Draft (with trades)
 
i also think we will take a tackel and instead of a guard

PhantomJB93 02-26-2011 12:10 AM

Re: Mock Draft (with trades)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 923155)
i also think we will take a tackel and instead of a guard

I can definitely see that now with Colon looking unlikely to return, when I made this I was pretty sure we'd resign him but since then all the reports about Ike being first priority (not that he wasn't already but the whole one player at a time approach makes things different) and Colon's agent saying he won't come back came out so I could see tackle overtaking our guard need.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum