Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Brady gets 60 million !!! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=714)

BlitzburghRockCity 05-07-2005 11:12 PM

Brady gets 60 million !!!

Bet hardwork is happy !!

New England QB signs six-year deal
Sunday, May 08, 2005

From wire dispatches

The New England Patriots have signed three-time winning Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady to a six-year extension worth $60 million, a deal that for the first time brings the two-time Super Bowl MVP's salary in line with his accomplishments.

The extension was reported by ESPN and confirmed to The Associated Press by a football source, speaking on condition of anonymity
here's the rest

ironcitychef 05-08-2005 12:01 AM

Re: Brady gets 60 million !!!

Shame it takes 3 Superbowl before they redo the contract. After two they should have built a statue out front of him. They have never had someone like him.

hardwork 05-08-2005 08:04 AM

Mr. Negative the chef, they re-did his contract after the first Super Bowl.

Blitz, I saw this yesterday but the Boston papers didn't report it 'til today. If Brady's happy, I'm happy.

ironcitychef 05-08-2005 12:05 PM

Not negative, just giving you crap. Touchy touchy. Besides its okay to be negative about your team. Its our board.

BlitzburghRockCity 05-08-2005 01:01 PM

Its a real feel good story for a guy who was a 6th round pick, came off the bench and before you know it, he's got 3 SB's to his credit. But the pats still suck!!! :blurp:

Brownskikass 05-10-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcitychef
Shame it takes 3 Superbowl before they redo the contract. After two they should have built a statue out front of him. They have never had someone like him.

True that.... Without Brady, that team was nothing.

Without Brady, Bellicheck was nothing....

hardwork 05-10-2005 07:42 PM

"Without Brady, Bellicheck was nothing...."

I think you need to do some reading.

BlitzburghRockCity 05-10-2005 10:00 PM

Bellicheck's track record as a head coach was less than stellar till he got brady and really started building that team in his image.

hardwork 05-10-2005 10:11 PM

You can start reading to. First see how many times Belichick has been to a Super Bowl as a coach. I can assure you it's no accident.

Without Brady, Belichick was nothing? Please.

BlitzburghRockCity 05-10-2005 11:03 PM

If we're talking head coaching stints here, which is what I was referring too, then no I dont need to read any further than what I already know.. now as an assistant, yes he's had much success.