Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wow, Steelers at Ravens week one (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72291)

JCPsteelers 04-19-2011 06:09 PM

Wow, Steelers at Ravens week one

That's incredible. Best season opener in awhile. :tt03:

GameTime55 04-19-2011 06:09 PM

Re: Wow, Steelers at Ravens week one

Way to open up the season.

:tt03::tt03:

Atlanta Dan 04-19-2011 06:16 PM

Late bye week (good) & 5 prime time games:tt03:

1 Sun, Sept. 11 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m.
2 Sun, Sept. 18 vs. Seattle Seahawks FOX 1 p.m.
3 Sun, Sept. 25 at Indianapolis Colts NBC 8:20 p.m.
4 Sun, Oct. 2 at Houston Texans CBS 1 p.m.
5 Sun, Oct. 9 vs. Tennessee Titans CBS 1 p.m.
6 Sun, Oct. 16 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m.
7 Sun, Oct. 23 at Arizona Cardinals CBS 4:05 p.m.
8 Sun, Oct. 30 vs. New England Patriots CBS 4:15 p.m.
9 Sun, Nov. 6 vs. Baltimore Ravens NBC 8:20 p.m.
10 Sun, Nov. 13 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.
11 Bye
12 Sun, Nov. 27 at Kansas City Chiefs NBC 8:20 p.m.
13 Sun, Dec. 4 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.
14 Thu, Dec. 8 vs. Cleveland Browns NFLN 8:20 p.m.
15 Mon, Dec. 19 at San Francisco 49ers ESPN 8:30 p.m.
16 Sat, Dec. 24 vs. St. Louis Rams FOX 1 p.m.
17 Sun, Jan. 1 at Cleveland Browns CBS 1 p.m

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...1/2011_PIT.pdf.[/QUOTE]

JCPsteelers 04-19-2011 06:20 PM

toughest games of the season are in week 1, 3, 8 and 9 are at the beginning of the season. Kind of soft end of the schedule.

I want some payback for the Chiefs. So pissed we lost that game 2 years ago.

harrison'samonster 04-19-2011 06:37 PM

I still can't believe we lost to the chiefs that year. Don't forget though, Arrowhead is a tough stadium to go into, the Chiefs play pretty good there.

Not to mention that we have to travel to Arizona and San Francisco, that will make those games a little harder.

And Jacksonville always plays us tough, they're almost like Baltimore games.

Lady Steel 04-19-2011 06:57 PM

All the games on the schedule are very easily winnable. GO STEELERS! :tt:

bobby jr 04-19-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Steel (Post 926901)
All the games on the schedule are very easily winnable. GO STEELERS! :tt:

I don't think the first one is. The Ravens are not going to lose their home opener to the Steelers. Not when John Harbaugh has all preseason to prepare and get the team motivated. The Ravens have not forgotten last years playoff game. I think It's Revenge time for the Ravens. And maybe the Ravens picked up some pointers from the Super Bowl too.

steelerchad 04-19-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby jr (Post 926917)
I don't think the first one is. The Ravens are not going to lose their home opener to the Steelers. Not when John Harbaugh has all preseason to prepare and get the team motivated. The Ravens have not forgotten last years playoff game. I think It's Revenge time for the Ravens.

PFFT.
We've heard your predictions before. You come up snake eyes a lot more than 7. I would give the Ravens the home field edge and I would give the Steelers the "we're in your head" advantage. Pick em game in my opinion.

And yeah, you're right. The Ravens probably haven't been able to forget that playoff game. Every night, waking up to that nightmare over and over.

The Ravens could very easily win this game though. After all, it is a week 1 game and doesn't have everything on the line this early in the season. This is the kind of less meaningful game the Ravens have been able to win occasionally against the Steelers.

Atlanta Dan 04-20-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby jr (Post 926917)
I don't think the first one is. The Ravens are not going to lose their home opener to the Steelers. Not when John Harbaugh has all preseason to prepare and get the team motivated. The Ravens have not forgotten last years playoff game. I think It's Revenge time for the Ravens. And maybe the Ravens picked up some pointers from the Super Bowl too.

Huge game for the Ravens to open the season - with the post-season dissension within the Ravens after the second half collapse in the playogff game, losing to the Steelers again to open the season would be devastating.

Agreed the Ravens probably picked up some pointers from the Green Bay-Steelers Super Bowl. The way to beat the Steelers is to have a QB who can make the throws under pressure. But the Ravens already knew that from watching Brees and Brady beat Pittsburgh.

Of course the Ravens do not have that type of QB - they have Flacco. May explain why they fired their QB coach and are not giving Flacco the contract extension he is whining about.

vasteeler 04-20-2011 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=Atlanta Dan;926959]Huge game for the Ravens to open the season - with the post-season dissension within the Ravens after the second half collapse in the playogff game, losing to the Steelers again to open the season would be devastating.

Agreed the Ravens probably picked up some pointers from the Green Bay-Steelers Super Bowl. The way to beat the Steelers is to have a QB who can make the throws under pressure. But the Ravens already knew that from watching Brees and Brady beat Pittsburgh.

Of course the Ravens do not have that type of QB - they have Flacco. May explain why they fired their QB coach and are not giving Flacco the contract extension he is whining about.[/QUOTE]

thanks dan you saved me from having to explain it to him :drink:

but i think he still wont get it