Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Future of ARE (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72356)

SteelerFanInATL 04-21-2011 08:21 AM

Future of ARE

With Wallace, Sanders, Brown and the veteran Ward is there room for ARE in 2011 (if there is a season)? Has ARE seen his last days as a Steeler? :noidea::noidea:

StainlessStill 04-21-2011 08:30 AM

Re: Future of ARE

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerFanInATL (Post 927020)
With Wallace, Sanders, Brown and the veteran Ward is there room for ARE in 2011 (if there is a season)? Has ARE seen his last days as a Steeler? :noidea::noidea:

Well, considering that we have some VERY young talent at the WR postitions (Brown, Wallace) and by the way ARE stepped up and performed in the Super Bowl off the bench (two major catches to set up the comeback + the two point conversion) I'd say it would be VERY wise to let him compete for the 3rd/4th WR spot on the field. He may not play AS much but when he gets on the field, then he's proven he makes a solid difference in crunch time.

Neil-Still-Rules-14 04-21-2011 12:24 PM

He's an unbelievable "big play" player. No matter if it's throwing a TD, making a one-handed catch, or running the option, he has a lot of intangibles. As a regular receiver/returner though, he doesn't have much left. He could be a good number 5 WR who is only in on a set number of packages though. I would prefer him to Battle I think.

DanRooney 04-22-2011 04:27 PM

1. Mike Wallace
2. Emmanuel Sanders
3. Hines Ward
4. Antonio Brown
5. Draft pick (Pettis)/Limas Sweed/Randle El

Lady Steel 04-22-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 (Post 927035)
As a regular receiver/returner though, he doesn't have much left.

I agree. He is too hit-or-miss for me. I do like him for gadgetry though.

SteelBlaze1 04-23-2011 01:52 PM

I think he was brought here more for his locker room presence than anything else. He is fun to watch on the trick play though.

55BaileyFan 04-23-2011 03:03 PM

Ward and Wallace are obviously safe. I think Sanders and Brown proved their worth as well. Sweed I think is gone, he hasn't panned out and has been somewhat of a child about his situation. I think the EL will stick around just because with Ward going one more before retiring they might want to keep that veteran presence.

stiller39 04-26-2011 01:03 PM

Cut him and get an upcoming star in his place.

Wallabeast17 04-26-2011 08:03 PM

Dwight Daisher could be the next ARE. Former quaterback gone reciever! May go late in the draft or undrafted