Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Donovan Warren (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72467)

Wallabeast17 04-25-2011 12:33 PM

Donovan Warren
 
Does this guy have any shot to make the roster next season?

Maybe im being a little too optimistic but, do you think he will surpass gay?

Heres to hoping he ends up replacing gay and giving us a much needed boost at corner! :tt03:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 04-25-2011 02:14 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
Im Hoping He Can But He Lacks At Speed We Will Have To Wait And See.

PhantomJB93 04-25-2011 02:24 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
I think he could be a great special teamer and backup safety (when Troy inevitably goes down) but I'm not sure about corner.

55BaileyFan 04-25-2011 06:47 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
I don't think that he will. He hasn't stuck around and doesn't seem to have the skill set. He is probably just another Joe Burnette.

Wallabeast17 04-25-2011 09:29 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan (Post 927327)
I don't think that he will. He hasn't stuck around and doesn't seem to have the skill set. He is probably just another Joe Burnette.

Well Joe Burnette did block a punt or field goal attempt or something i can't remember, but that was the preseason also haha:noidea:

DanRooney 04-26-2011 08:27 AM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
Did this guy do something this offseason to look like Revis? This is the second time I've heard him mentioned recently.

I've personally never seen this guy on the field (or if I do, I don't remember). Butler is our best bet. He looked fantastic last preseason.

Wallabeast17 04-26-2011 03:28 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanRooney (Post 927371)
Did this guy do something this offseason to look like Revis? This is the second time I've heard him mentioned recently.

I've personally never seen this guy on the field (or if I do, I don't remember). Butler is our best bet. He looked fantastic last preseason.

He is just an offseason pick up from the jets. I seem to remember him playing well his last year of college (2009) he lead Michigan in interceptions and plays well in man-to-man.

He was predicted to go in the 2nd round maybe early 3rd but an ankle injury right before the combine mad he drop like a rock.

Butler i thought looked ok but i dont see why everyone is getting so excited for this guy. Probably just another Keenan Lewis. If the coaches didn't put him in during the season, there was a reason. Now with that said I really really hope you are right and turns out to be good.

cloppbeast 04-26-2011 03:40 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 (Post 927402)
Butler i thought looked ok but i dont see why everyone is getting so excited for this guy. Probably just another Keenan Lewis. If the coaches didn't put him in during the season, there was a reason.

That reason probably had something to do with Tomlin's reluctance to give young players a 'hat' and DL's complex defense. Butler was a late pick, so that leads me to believe he was a little raw; which could also explain why he wouldn't get much playing time his first year.

I'm not saying he's the next Rod Woodson; in fact, it's possible you could be correct. But I don't believe the fact he didn't play much this year indicates he won't amount to much. We'll be able to guage his talent a little more after this season - kinda like Keenan Lewis. After Keenan's second season, we now know that he's pretty much worthless. They should have just dropped him instead of Gibson.

Wallabeast17 04-26-2011 04:11 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cloppbeast (Post 927406)
That reason probably had something to do with Tomlin's reluctance to give young players a 'hat' and DL's complex defense. Butler was a late pick, so that leads me to believe he was a little raw; which could also explain why he wouldn't get much playing time his first year.

I'm not saying he's the next Rod Woodson; in fact, it's possible you could be correct. But I don't believe the fact he didn't play much this year indicates he won't amount to much. We'll be able to guage his talent a little more after this season - kinda like Keenan Lewis. After Keenan's second season, we now know that he's pretty much worthless. They should have just dropped him instead of Gibson.

That all is true and i hope thats all it was and he learns the defense and gets on the field and makes an impact.

Yea i could think of a few other players the could have dropped to keep Gibson!

ggoldman 04-26-2011 06:07 PM

Re: Donovan Warren
 
Keenan just hasn't had that many opportunities to do well. I hope he gets more chances to play D and not just special teams.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum