Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is This Guy That Good or Did ATL Give 2 Much (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72600)

SteelerFanInATL 04-28-2011 08:33 PM

Is This Guy That Good or Did ATL Give 2 Much

The Atlanta Falcons made the first stunning move of the 2011 NFL Draft by trading up 21 spots with the Cleveland Browns to take dynamic wide receiver Julio Jones with the sixth overall pick.

The cost was high for Atlanta, which gave up their first-round pick (No. 27 overall), their second-rounder (59th) and fourth (124th) this year along with their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.

Seems like the gave up alot to me

SH-Rock 04-28-2011 08:39 PM

Re: Is This Guy That Good or Did ATL Give 2 Much

Way too much. But I think I can leave it to the Browns to choke on some picks.

Raw Steel 04-28-2011 08:40 PM

Way too much. The Browns made out nicely. Of course, they probably will screw up the picks they got. :chuckle:

jjpro11 04-28-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raw Steel (Post 927634)
Way too much. The Browns made out nicely. Of course, they probably will screw up the picks they got. :chuckle:

you'd hope so.. but they didn't under the new regime last year.. they may finally have some guys in place that know how to draft... unfortunately.

Atlanta Dan 04-28-2011 09:55 PM

Jones had great combine workout but he would have to be a combo plattter of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss & Lynn Swann to justify what the Falcons gave up - Falcons need someone to take the top off of defenses but it was the defense that got shredded by the Packers in the playoffs

Great move by the Browns

Steelerindc 04-29-2011 07:53 AM

The Falcons gave up waaayyyy to much and the Browns made out like a bandit in the night. I know a lot of you think that the Browns will miss a bunch of picks, maybe they will but it's always better a bunch of picks the odds should be in there favor, plus Mike "Crybaby" Holmgren is no rookie at this.

They're still going to stink at least for the next 2-3 yrs but they made a good move last night.

cloppbeast 04-29-2011 07:57 AM

Atlanta gave up too much. In my opinion, it's usually a terrible idea to trade up in the first round, especially into the top 10 because you pay way too much. Moving around in the later rounds is usally less costly.

steelerjim58 04-29-2011 09:33 AM

The phrase " mind boggling" comes to mind. I think this trade will come back to haunt the Falcons. Other than a franchise type qb, no other position is worth what they gave up.

ebsteelers 04-29-2011 09:39 AM

they moved up 21 picks, whatd you expect them to give up? obviously you have to give up alot to move up that much,

plus rather him go to the falcons so we dont see him twice a year

ktm5411 04-29-2011 10:30 AM

Really good move for the Browns. They might have just set themselves up to trade up for Luck next year.