Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Like the Heyward Pick but.. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72628)

Steeltownbeatdown12 04-29-2011 12:14 AM

Like the Heyward Pick but..

I think Heyward will be a good guy and player, but i am really worried about our secondary. Ike is as good as gone, Gay and McFadden proved that they are not worthy, Keenan Lewis can't handle himself, and Crezdon Butler is a huge question mark. I'm all for trading up for Dowling, Harris, or Williams in the second, but none of these guys can start right away in our D. Would it be too much to ask of the Steelers to go after a guy like Cromartie or Carlos Rogers because i know Asomugha is way out of our price range. Thoughts?

Buddha Bus 04-29-2011 12:16 AM

Re: Like the Heyward Pick but..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeltownbeatdown12 (Post 927820)
I think Heyward will be a good guy and player, but i am really worried about our secondary. Ike is as good as gone, Gay and McFadden proved that they are not worthy, Keenan Lewis can't handle himself, and Crezdon Butler is a huge question mark. I'm all for trading up for Dowling, Harris, or Williams in the second, but none of these guys can start right away in our D. Would it be too much to ask of the Steelers to go after a guy like Cromartie or Carlos Rogers because i know Asomugha is way out of our price range. Thoughts?

I say we hold a huge bake sale and get all three! :chuckle:

Seriously, we are probably going to have no choice but to try to get one of them if Ike leaves and none of the others (Butler, Madison or Lewis) looks like they can step up. I still have a good feeling about Butler.

Steeltownbeatdown12 04-29-2011 12:19 AM

They need to just sign Asomugha and call it an offseason lol.

Buddha Bus 04-29-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeltownbeatdown12 (Post 927822)
They need to just sign Asomugha and call it an offseason lol.

We're gonna need to have a bake sale AND flea market. :sofunny:

JCPsteelers 04-29-2011 12:27 AM

Honestly thought we should have rolled the dice and traded up and got the kid from Colorado.

I like Heyward though. You can always use extra DL.

Steeltownbeatdown12 04-29-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCPsteelers (Post 927825)
Honestly thought we should have rolled the dice and traded up and got the kid from Colorado.

I like Heyward though. You can always use extra DL.

Nah, he had a lot of character concerns. He fits in well with the Ravens' "Gangsta D". They should of traded up for Amukamara...

Aussie Steeler 04-29-2011 04:22 AM

Great pick imo. The CB position will undoubtedly get addressed in the second round. Will address the CB position in the second round undoubtedly. I really think Butler can step up should Ike leave.

BritishSteel 04-29-2011 05:10 AM

I thought they'd go one line or the other, so Heywood's no surprise to me - but as it unfolded last night, it became an even surer thing - There's decent value in Rd 2 with cornerbacks and who knows what happens in free agency. It's a solid pick.

LambertIsGod58 04-29-2011 05:30 AM

I thought if Jimmy Smith was there, they'd take him and if not Williams from TX. In my opinion, CB is their glaring need and we didn't draft accordingly. Again just my opinion, but it seems like the secondary is always an issue.

Rick5895 04-29-2011 05:59 AM

This is a great pick. All this talk of our pass D is true, but remember we have had DL injuries the last couple of years that hurts the pass D as much if not more than the play of our CB. Obviously the Steelers don't have the same feeling as all the so called draft experts on the CB's. My guess is we will get Dowling if he falls, but I love the way we draft. We have been to 3 super boels the past 6 years, Mike and kevein know what they are doing.