Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ryan Grant says players shouldn't hug Goodell? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72656)

55BaileyFan 04-29-2011 03:52 PM

Ryan Grant says players shouldn't hug Goodell?

This kind of bothered me and I wanted to see what Steeler Nation thinks. Ryan Grant tweeted....

"I absolutely want these guys to enjoy this night.. They worked their butts off to get to this point But to hug the man who.. Literally is leading the campaign for taking money out your pocket doesn't sit well with me ..I might be wrong..But def happy for them."

I know there is more to the tweet but come on. Goodell is a tool and and a joke but he is doing what the owners are PAYING him to do and that is get them more money. He is doing exactly what Smith is doing for the players.

These guys are taking part in something that will never happen to them again. Let them enjoy it and have fun with it. The draft should not be effected by anything going on outside of it. I think it is great that the players are embracing this right now.

Besides, the fans are giving Goodell hell.

Wallabeast17 04-29-2011 04:12 PM

Re: Ryan Grant says players shouldn't hug Goodell?

Yea i really enjoyed roger getting booed when he cam out!!
But for him to make such a big deal about hugging him, C'mon!! It's not like these guys are getting paid minum wage or less then that they are making a lot of money!!
Yes i think the whole thing should be split 50/50 instead of the owners getting more or whatever but damn! I wish i made as much as them

55BaileyFan 04-29-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 (Post 927974)
Yea i really enjoyed roger getting booed when he cam out!!
But for him to make such a big deal about hugging him, C'mon!! It's not like these guys are getting paid minum wage or less then that they are making a lot of money!!
Yes i think the whole thing should be split 50/50 instead of the owners getting more or whatever but damn! I wish i made as much as them

You aint kidding. All I keep hearing is we all love football, make what we make and love it then.

Wallabeast17 04-29-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan (Post 927977)
You aint kidding. All I keep hearing is we all love football, make what we make and love it then.

EXACTLY!!!

Atlanta Dan 04-29-2011 05:39 PM

For the players drafted it was one of the biggest moment of their lives - the image of the OL drafted by the Eagles who was a fireman and could not stop grinning put a grin on my face. Grant needs to let it go about the hugs

OTOH if I was player I would be busting on Peyton Hillis showing up to announce the Browns pick - Hilis is on the cover of the next edition of Madden and presumably got a fat appearance fee for that being hyped last night, but going onstage to hype the show of the Commissioner who locked you out and is trying to bust your union seemed improper to me