Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rex Ryan says Jets would have beaten Packers in Super Bowl XLV (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72766)

Atlanta Dan 05-01-2011 10:45 AM

Rex Ryan says Jets would have beaten Packers in Super Bowl XLV

More wisdom from Rex Ryan

“I thought Green Bay was to going to have the upper hand on Pittsburgh,” Ryan writes, via Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Their passing attack was giving everyone problems. But I truly believe we would have beaten Green Bay. We only lost to them 9-0 during the season, and we gave them two of the field goals because of mistakes.”

Nice comeback to this latest nonsense by Ryan from Florio at PFT

We’re starting to wonder why the NFL even bothers to play the games. Just declare the Jets to be the champions of all past and future Super Bowls and be done with it.
:chuckle:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uper-bowl-xlv/

cloppbeast 05-01-2011 10:52 AM

Re: Rex Ryan says Jets would have beaten Packers in Super Bowl XLV

I guess not enough people were giving Rexy any attention. This whole draft process and the lock-out has been rough on him......

MasterOfPuppets 05-01-2011 01:24 PM

good to see rex brought the culture of whining from baltimore to NY.... i remember back in the day, when coaches used to conduct themselves with class , and give credit to the team that beat them... its no wonder that players act like assholes these days...:doh:

GMU Steeler 05-01-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 928437)
good to see rex brought the culture of whining from baltimore to NY.... i remember back in the day, when coaches used to conduct themselves with class , and give credit to the team that beat them... its no wonder that players act like assholes these days...:doh:

Not be a shameless homer for our own team but I think Coach Tomlin is one of the most gracious coachesin defeat you'll see. After the SB, it was all congratulations for the Packers and Coach McCarthy. Rex and others like Mike Holmgren and John Harbaugh could take a note from that.

Lady Steel 05-01-2011 02:50 PM

The Jets would have beaten Green Bay in the Super Bowl, huh? Didn't they have to go through Pittsburgh first? Fail!

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 05-01-2011 02:57 PM

Rex Is Stupid. Tell you The Truth i Think No one Was Better Than The Packers This Year I No Steelers Could Have Won If Not For Mistakes. But Rex Just Needs To Stop Putting A Foot In His Mouth lol. His Team Already Choked Up 2 Years In a Row In The Championship Game Has He Not Learned Noting?

Fire Arians 05-01-2011 03:09 PM

yeah they'd have a good shot. but you know, you gotta get there first ;)

bubbletownwr88 05-01-2011 05:20 PM

Yeah I can picture it now Mark Sanchez leading the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history and then throwing an int at the 1 yard line....

Fire Arians 05-01-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbletownwr88 (Post 928470)
Yeah I can picture it now Mark Sanchez leading the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history and then throwing an int at the 1 yard line....

jets have the secondary to neutralize rodgers. i think the mvp for the jets wouldn't be sanchez, but shonn greene as the pack looks kinda soft against power running attacks. They match up well vs the pack. Of course if they can't beat us the super bowl won't happen for them.

classic case of paper-scissors-rock, i don't think there's 1 dominant team. In the top teams in the nfl there are certain teams that are the others' kryptonite and vice versa. while i hate rex ryan and the jets, i don't think it would be a stretch to say their chances are pretty good against GB

fer522 05-02-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

jets have the secondary to neutralize rodgers. i think the mvp for the jets wouldn't be sanchez, but shonn greene as the pack looks kinda soft against power running attacks. They match up well vs the pack. Of course if they can't beat us the super bowl won't happen for them.

classic case of paper-scissors-rock, i don't think there's 1 dominant team. In the top teams in the nfl there are certain teams that are the others' kryptonite and vice versa. while i hate rex ryan and the jets, i don't think it would be a stretch to say their chances are pretty good against GB

agree with you 1000% :thumbsup: