Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Just when you think...? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=72771)

meanfish 05-01-2011 01:58 PM

Just when you think...?

Herm Edwards drives me crazy with his antics, etc.... but just now he said our Steelers did the best job in the AFC for the draft. Now I gotta love him! LOL... oh well, time will tell?

It does crack me up when they say Clev. and Cincy. gained on us? Really?!?! single digit draft position compared to 31? It's too funny, we could have said three weeks ago that they'd have "done better" with those numbers.

Fire Arians 05-01-2011 02:00 PM

Re: Just when you think...?

you draft to win the game! lol

honestly i thought this draft was solid. nothing flashy, but we filled what we needed most. ol, cb, dl

SH-Rock 05-01-2011 02:05 PM

It was a "Steeler" draft. Not flashy, best player on the board draft.

cloppbeast 05-01-2011 03:03 PM

With the exception of the CB from Citidel, I though this was a pretty safe draft. I kind of wish they would have made some riskier picks with high upside.

1st pick was the best, I thought. The combination of Heyward and Hood will have the d-line secured for years to come. Next year we need get a NT.

Fire Arians 05-01-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloppbeast (Post 928459)
1st pick was the best, I thought. The combination of Heyward and Hood will have the d-line secured for years to come. Next year we need get a NT.

definitely, i think we made a smart move of anchoring our d-line for the future. our linebackers get all the credit for our D, but without the solid line play, i doubt they'd be as successful. Even james harrison said that himself.

StainlessStill 05-01-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH-Rock (Post 928450)
It was a "Steeler" draft. Not flashy, best player on the board draft.

And a "Steelers draft" since 2001 has consisted of :

6 AFC North Division Championships ('01, '02, '04, '07, '08, '10) 5 AFC Championship appearances ('01, '04, '05,'08,'10) 3 Super Bowl appearances ('05,'08,'10) and 2 Super Bowl victories ('05, '08.)

I think we'll be alright and the "Steelers way" is the right road to take! People gotta f*ckin chill. Cleveland & Cinci didn't do shit to try to rattle OUR foundation and Baltimore will continue to be our red-headed stepchild.

Lady Steel 05-01-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessStill (Post 928499)
And a "Steelers draft" since 2001 has consisted of :

6 AFC North Division Championships ('01, '02, '04, '07, '08, '10) 5 AFC Championship appearances ('01, '04, '05,'08,'10) 3 Super Bowl appearances ('05,'08,'10) and 2 Super Bowl victories ('05, '08.)

I think we'll be alright and the "Steelers way" is the right road to take! People gotta f*ckin chill. Cleveland & Cinci didn't do shit to try to rattle OUR foundation and Baltimore will continue to be our red-headed stepchild.

:tt:

Excellent post, SS. LaMarr Woodley totally agrees with you. I've been enjoying him on facebook.

Regarding Cincinnati drafting Andy Dalton -

LaMarr Woodley
Never sacked a redhead b4... cant wait!!!!!! lol

Regarding the Steelers draft -

LaMarr Woodley
Today is a BIG day 4 steeler nation... championships are build in the 2nd and 3rd rds of the draft!!!!

LaMarr Woodley
Another CB.. see yall need to trust that no other NFL team knows what theyre doing on draft day better than the steelers!!!! super bowl WIN or bust this season!!!

LaMarr Woodley
Another thing for u to remember (esp those who criticize draft selections) is that the scouts spend soooo much time (and $ traveling) analyzing each and every potential option.. while its easy 2 sit back and say "we shoulda taken this guy or that guy" we should all trust that the guys who make the picks know a LOT more than u and me about who is the best pick

More of Lamarr and here - https://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodley