Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ben's throwing (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=729)

SteelersWyo 05-10-2005 06:21 PM

Ben's throwing

I saw after the championship disaster that Ben was releasing the ball in front of him instead of by his ear (or there abouts). Any talk around The Burg about his progression in this area. He looked pretty bad in the Pats game.

BlitzburghRockCity 05-10-2005 10:57 PM

Re: Ben's throwing

Ben was at the end of the perverbial rookie rope, and just plain ran outta gas, and his thumb was injured, so Im sure that had something to do with. He's admitted this offseason, he was out there, half the time, just plain worn out, mentally and physically, so I think he'll be fine this year, plus he's been working since Feb. w/ the team.

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 05-11-2005 01:36 PM

I agree Blitzburgh. I think now that Ben knows the offense a bit better, and he knows how much pressure he's going to have, he'll be fine. I also think last year was a lot more nerve racking because he was a rookie and everyone was wondering if he could make it, and that was alot for a rookie. He has been working with the team and he has been keeping in shape and he has also been working with Wisenhunt to get a better understanding of the offense. He knows his teamates better and he is able to relax and be himself unlike last year. He said last year he felt he was walking on eggshells, but this year he knows faces and names. So I don't think we are going to have to worry about Ben too much, unless he continues to put his career in danger by riding a motorcycle without a helmet! Ben's a great football player and knows that the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers are counting on him! GO BEN!

~AllAmer~

BlitzburghRockCity 05-11-2005 05:50 PM

And just be glad he doesnt have the motion that Philip Rivers has! :rolleyes:

hardwork 05-11-2005 10:20 PM

Probably shouldn't be too hard on the boy. After all, it was the Patriots he was playing. You saw what we did to Manning and company. Poor Ben never really had a chance.

SteelersFever 05-11-2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwork
Probably shouldn't be too hard on the boy. After all, it was the Patriots he was playing. You saw what we did to Manning and company. Poor Ben never really had a chance.

Never had a chance? That's the funniest thing I heard all offseason! :toofunny:

hardwork 05-11-2005 11:08 PM

All BS aside, that's a fact. He never had a chance against us.

SteelersFever 05-11-2005 11:24 PM

Your team may have won the SB, but counting us out before before the game started is just immature. You must have forgot about the loss during week 8. :D

BlitzburghRockCity 05-11-2005 11:32 PM

Dude, never had a chance? we played defenses just as good and better than your's all year and won week in and week out. ur defense had very little to do w/ it. Ben just made some bad decisions and over/underthrew too many passes.. its not like we didnt beat ourselves against you guys,because thats exactly what we did.. and yet we still pulled to w/ in 11 in the second half.

hardwork 05-11-2005 11:58 PM

You played a defense better then ours? Did you play another defense that could shut down the Colts? Please.