Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AFC Divisional Breakdown (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7314)

SteelersFever 05-20-2006 01:08 AM

AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Title: AFC Divisional Breakdown
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Nick Signorelli

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0614.html

3 to be 4 05-20-2006 07:02 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
"Miami Dolphins - Yep, I said it. It is the time for the Mighty New England Patriots to lose their grip on the East crown. Between Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington, they upgraded the QB position. RB Ricky Williams is suspended again, but that will give Ronnie Brown more carries, and if he can stay healthy, could be a top 10 back in the league. The secondary is improved by the addition of Will Allen. If Nick Saban can keep the momentum of their late season run, Miami will win the division easily.

New England Patriots - I was talking to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. He told me he is thinking about not getting the Sunday Ticket this year because he is just going to be too busy to watch all of the games. So they understand their dire situation. Patriot fans, yes, you still have a great QB, but if you don't give him a real weapon, and let your best offensive lineman leave without replacing him, you are in trouble. I think the biggest loss in free agency is Adam Vinatieri. All three Super Bowls were won by his foot, and they let him go to the Colts, of all places. That, my friends, is the straw that broke the Patriots back."


That is just embarrassingly dim. First of all, the only reason the division was close last year (10-6,9-7) was because the Patriots werent even trying to win that last game. it should have been 11-5 to 8-8. Culpepper is overated. Harrington sucks.
Who was the "best offensive lineman" the Patriots lost?
more like New England 12-4, Miami 9-7 or 10-6

Livinginthe past 05-20-2006 07:14 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Yeah, who is this Nick Signorelli?

Who exactly is the mystery O-Lineman that we have lost?

I agree that Miami should improve next year - but all this bandwagon hopping onto the Dolphins is turning into something of a plague - its the most fashionable prediction of this offseason.

If people are going to write articles like this they would do well to check their facts first, and possibly try and add a bit of realism.

This is what Steelers fans want to happen - because a repeat SB would be alot easier of they didnt have to get past Tom Brady and the Patriots, not something that is likely to happen.

NM

CantStop85 05-20-2006 11:21 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Quote:

They signed DT Ted "Mount" Washington, but he is getting old. I remember a game against Buffalo when Randle-El knocked Teddy on his rear. I still think they need more help on defense before they dethrone us. And for all you Bungles fans, the division crown is nice, but when we won the Lombardi, we took it back!
Ted Washington? Last time I checked we signed Sam Adams and the Browns signed Ted Washington.

Not exactly the best article I've ever read. :thmbdown:

tony hipchest 05-20-2006 11:23 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Yeah, who is this Nick Signorelli?

Who exactly is the mystery O-Lineman that we have lost?

I agree that Miami should improve next year - but all this bandwagon hopping onto the Dolphins is turning into something of a plague - its the most fashionable prediction of this offseason.

If people are going to write articles like this they would do well to check their facts first, and possibly try and add a bit of realism.

This is what Steelers fans want to happen - because a repeat SB would be alot easier of they didnt have to get past Tom Brady and the Patriots, not something that is likely to happen.

NM

actually this is what the majority of football fans want. the pats have become boring, and alot of people would just rather see a different team in the playoffs. you notice when pats go on the road they dont pack the stadiums with their fans. in their last sb their fans were outnumbered by eagles fans. the only people who want to see the pats succeed is patfans.

and if you think the pats are in the steelers heads, or theres a mental hump the steelers cant get over you are under a false sense of security. infact the pats may want to concern themselves with getting past teams like the broncos, colts and chargers before they thump their chests in the direction of the world champs.

Livinginthe past 05-20-2006 11:30 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
actually this is what the majority of football fans want. the pats have become boring, and alot of people would just rather see a different team in the playoffs. you notice when pats go on the road they dont pack the stadiums with their fans. in their last sb their fans were outnumbered by eagles fans. the only people who want to see the pats succeed is patfans.

and if you think the pats are in the steelers heads, or theres a mental hump the steelers cant get over you are under a false sense of security. infact the pats may want to concern themselves with getting past teams like the broncos, colts and chargers before they thump their chests in the direction of the world champs.

Im guessing most of the fans of other teams just have a horrible feeling about what the Patriots will do to their team - thats probably why they dont want to pay hard earned money to see their team humiliated.

I related it directly to Steeler fans purely because the 'article' was written by a Steeler fan.

Lets face it - which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB - they may like to pretend its the Chargers or the Bengals or maybe even the Panthers - but if they are honest its the Patriots who bring the biggest threat.

Steelers fans can write all they like about how 'boring' this Patriot team is, I guess multiple SB success can be monotonous - but they should at least try and get some of the facts straight before they go to press.

NM

tony hipchest 05-20-2006 11:40 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
"which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB"

most definitely an NFC team. as for the afc, the colts will be the steelers biggest threat. (again)

pats can no longer rely on a rookie steelers qb making mistakes and brady wont be able to pick on a young immature secondary. infact the steelers can match up with all the pats wr's now man to man, and bring the heat whenever they want. they will use the same defensive gameplan that worked so well against manning and the same one that denver proved to be so effective against brady. the blueprint has been written how to beat these 2 qb's. thats why they call the nfl a "copycat league"

Livinginthe past 05-20-2006 11:54 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest
"which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB"

most definitely an NFC team. as for the afc, the colts will be the steelers biggest threat. (again)

pats can no longer rely on a rookie steelers qb making mistakes and brady wont be able to pick on a young immature secondary. infact the steelers can match up with all the pats wr's now man to man, and bring the heat whenever they want. they will use the same defensive gameplan that worked so well against manning and the same one that denver proved to be so effective against brady. the blueprint has been written how to beat these 2 qb's. thats why they call the nfl a "copycat league"

Well i'll look forward to a match up in the post season if we get one - until then the regular season will have to do.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32 05-20-2006 11:57 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Im guessing most of the fans of other teams just have a horrible feeling about what the Patriots will do to their team - thats probably why they dont want to pay hard earned money to see their team humiliated.

I related it directly to Steeler fans purely because the 'article' was written by a Steeler fan.

Lets face it - which team do most Steeler fans genuinely think is going to stop them winning the next SB - they may like to pretend its the Chargers or the Bengals or maybe even the Panthers - but if they are honest its the Patriots who bring the biggest threat.

Steelers fans can write all they like about how 'boring' this Patriot team is, I guess multiple SB success can be monotonous - but they should at least try and get some of the facts straight before they go to press.

NM

Well people are entitled to their opinion. Granted I disagree that the Phins will over take the Pats for AFC East. I still think the Pats are the team to beat in the AFC east and are a real threat. As long as Brady in under center I won't bet against them. But I do think the Pats are not as strong as they were during their Super Bowl runs. I think your defense still has some issues that were not addressed. Also you don't have the best clutch kicker in NFL history anymore. Sorry I don't see your rookie kicker or Gramatica replacing Adam Vinatieri.

About us Steelers fans fearing the Pats. We don't fear them. Yea you did beat us twice in the AFC title game in our stadium. But that was with Kordell Stewart at QB in 01 and a rookie QB in Ben Roethlisberger in 04. If you think the results will be the same this year if our two teams do indeed meet again in the AFC title game you will be mistaken. Yea the Steelers did lose some players from last year but still have fewer holes then the Pats.

The AFC will be interesting like always. But the Steelers have to considered the favorite. Looking at the other teams. I see the Pats, Colts, Broncos, Bengals and Chiefs as the other playoff teams but all have more question marks in my eyes then the Steelers. You might call me a homer and I am. But really if the Steelers don't suffer any major injuries I really think they are step above the rest of the teams in the AFC. We will see though.

Livinginthe past 05-20-2006 12:28 PM

Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Well people are entitled to their opinion. Granted I disagree that the Phins will over take the Pats for AFC East. I still think the Pats are the team to beat in the AFC east and are a real threat. As long as Brady in under center I won't bet against them. But I do think the Pats are not as strong as they were during their Super Bowl runs. I think your defense still has some issues that were not addressed. Also you don't have the best clutch kicker in NFL history anymore. Sorry I don't see your rookie kicker or Gramatica replacing Adam Vinatieri.

About us Steelers fans fearing the Pats. We don't fear them. Yea you did beat us twice in the AFC title game in our stadium. But that was with Kordell Stewart at QB in 01 and a rookie QB in Ben Roethlisberger in 04. If you think the results will be the same this year if our two teams do indeed meet again in the AFC title game you will be mistaken. Yea the Steelers did lose some players from last year but still have fewer holes then the Pats.

The AFC will be interesting like always. But the Steelers have to considered the favorite. Looking at the other teams. I see the Pats, Colts, Broncos, Bengals and Chiefs as the other playoff teams but all have more question marks in my eyes then the Steelers. You might call me a homer and I am. But really if the Steelers don't suffer any major injuries I really think they are step above the rest of the teams in the AFC. We will see though.

Hey 32,

I agree that the team to beat is the Steelers - they are in a group of their own and should be favorites to win this years SB.

What I am talking about is the ridiculous amount of people who are picking the Dolphins to beat the Patriots to the AFC East - there is no real rhyme or reason to it - if they said it was going to be too close to call then I could see that.....

You are right about Vinatieri - players like him are not easily replaced, if at all.

Im not saying that the Steelers should 'fear' the Patriots either - all im saying is suddenly that Pats have gone from 3 time champs to a team that won't even win its division - and the people who predict this demise just want it to happen, without any real logic.

Ill take a $10 bet with anyone who wants to bet me (on paypal) that the Dolphins will beat the Patriots to the AFC East title.

Anyway, yours was a nice post - we're all homers when it comes down to it but sometimes you just have to draw attention to the craziness.

NM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum