Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=73245)

Fire Arians 05-26-2011 11:18 PM

Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
The offensive line didn't change much from 2 years ago to last year, but since coach Kugler took over the o-line, there was a noticeable improvement with our o-line unit, even despite being ravaged by injuries.

We now have a new db coach, Carnell Lake. Anyone else think maybe the woes in our secondary could be changed with someone like Lake running the show? I know he doesn't have a huge coaching pedigree, but this guy knows how to play both safety and corner with the best of em. Not to mention he knows what steeler football is all about. Thoughts?

steeltown36 05-26-2011 11:38 PM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
I sure hope so. Lake was about the last good corner we have had. Hopefully Lake and some of the new draftees can step up big for us. Im tired of being picked apart in games against spread offense teams like the pats and pack. Sure our offense has the talent to keep up, but our defense wasnt meant to break like that.

harts 05-27-2011 01:42 AM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltown36 (Post 930392)
I sure hope so. Lake was about the last good corner we have had. Hopefully Lake and some of the new draftees can step up big for us. Im tired of being picked apart in games against spread offense teams like the pats and pack. Sure our offense has the talent to keep up, but our defense wasnt meant to break like that.

Coaches need players
Ballers

What we Need is to take some of this C level talent and make it an A
Good Coaches can make C level players into B level players
Very few if any can take a C and make them an A

Some things you just have to have
#21 Namdi (cant spell his name) of the Raiders would look good in the Black and Gold

Pay up
or Shut up

DanRooney 05-27-2011 01:49 AM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
Did we draft a stud like Pouncey at the cornerback position? I think not. :hatsoff:

stb_steeler 05-27-2011 09:43 AM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 930386)
The offensive line didn't change much from 2 years ago to last year, but since coach Kugler took over the o-line, there was a noticeable improvement with our o-line unit, even despite being ravaged by injuries.

We now have a new db coach, Carnell Lake. Anyone else think maybe the woes in our secondary could be changed with someone like Lake running the show? I know he doesn't have a huge coaching pedigree, but this guy knows how to play both safety and corner with the best of em. Not to mention he knows what steeler football is all about. Thoughts?

I think he will do fine....

steeltown36 05-27-2011 12:38 PM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
Ughhhh get over it, Asomga isnt coming to Pittsburgh. How long have you watched the Steelers? Our biggest free agent signing in recent years was Duce Staley! The Steelers develop and take care of their own. Woodley is about to get some $

Curtain_of_Steel 05-27-2011 02:07 PM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
I think the bigger question is:

Can Carnell Lake still play corner, LOL Cause it appears we may be lacking a cornerback on the team that can actually play cornerback.

55BaileyFan 05-27-2011 07:10 PM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
Carnell had a way as a player and I think that it is easy for great players to teach other players to play better. Look at Deltha O'Neil when he was with the Broncos, he was a player and a coach. He joked he wore his helmet half the time and a hat the other half the time. Lake will motivate players and teach them how to be better.

realdeal 05-27-2011 10:24 PM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
Carnell was a safety people!! He only played corner when Rod Woodson went down with a knee injury!! Hello?

thumper 05-28-2011 11:54 AM

Re: Can Carnell Lake pull a 'Kugler'?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan (Post 930448)
Carnell had a way as a player and I think that it is easy for great players to teach other players to play better.

Patently untrue. Zero evidence that the above is true; as a matter of
fact, evidence points to great players NOT being good coaches. How
was Joe Greene as a player? Awesome. As a coach? Not so good.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum