Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Chances of a full season? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=73422)

BlaZeQuietly 06-09-2011 05:35 AM

Chances of a full season?

I understand everyone has to decide who gets more and more millions of dollars before I can watch football again. However I have heard talk of an 8 game season, talk of no season.... well what do you think the chances of a FULL season that starts on time is? I really have no idea my self and was hoping someone could give me a guess like percentage wise? 50%???

steelerchad 06-09-2011 09:54 PM

Re: Chances of a full season?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly (Post 930878)
I understand everyone has to decide who gets more and more millions of dollars before I can watch football again. However I have heard talk of an 8 game season, talk of no season.... well what do you think the chances of a FULL season that starts on time is? I really have no idea my self and was hoping someone could give me a guess like percentage wise? 50%???

These guys won't lose more than a couple of real games. My guess is you will get a full season with a shortened or no preseason. Players don't get paid real money until regular season games start. If week 1 goes unplayed you will see some real panic. For the average guy that makes a half a million $'s a year. He will have just lost $32k when week 1 passes with no games. You will see some panic because if the next Sunday passes he will lose another $32k. If he's only making a half mil, then he is a marginal player and may not be secure in his role. Maybe even get cut by the next season. These type of guys can't afford to give up that kind of money with the possibility of those pay days ending in the near future. The players will crack. I just hope it's before 9/11/11.

caplovestroyp43 06-14-2011 11:57 AM

Dear God I hope you're right!

JPPT1974 06-14-2011 11:58 PM

Praying for one. As it will come down to the wire. As hopefully the players and owners will be putting us fans. First and foremost. As we are the ones that are suffering and the ones that pay to see the games in person and on tv. Hopefully it can turn out to be a YES! There will be a full season!

Steelboy84 07-16-2011 12:54 PM

If progress keeps getting made and the deal goes through (as expected next week with no slipups), then it's at least 95% chance.

BIGNASTY91 07-22-2011 06:52 AM

Well after last night i dont know what to think anymore? Thought we'd be real close now, and now it looks like they keep getting further apart. I hope im wrong and something can be done this weekend! Guess we'll just have to stay tuned and see what transpires? :banging:

SteelCityMom 07-22-2011 09:55 AM

Slim to none at this point.

cloppbeast 07-22-2011 03:51 PM

100% the NFL will play a full season in 2011