Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   NHL Playoffs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7352)

Brady12 05-21-2006 12:36 PM

NHL Playoffs

I don't know about you folks, but I am from Canada, and it is a sin to not like hockey here. It has been a surprise this season, Edmonton, Anaheim, Carolina, Buffalo in the final four, no one could've predicted all 4 there. Maybe 1 or 2, but not all 4.

Who do you think will meet and win the Stanley Cup?

Mine is

Anaheim vs Buffalo

Anaheim.

Black@Gold Forever32 05-21-2006 12:42 PM

Re: NHL Playoffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brady12
I don't know about you folks, but I am from Canada, and it is a sin to not like hockey here. It has been a surprise this season, Edmonton, Anaheim, Carolina, Buffalo in the final four, no one could've predicted all 4 there. Maybe 1 or 2, but not all 4.

Who do you think will meet and win the Stanley Cup?

Mine is

Anaheim vs Buffalo

Anaheim.

Well I don't watch the NHL at all. So I wouldn't have a clue.

83-Steelers-43 05-21-2006 12:47 PM

Buffalo vs Edmonton = Buffalo wins the cup. At least I hope that's what happens. Miller will help carry them to the Holy Land.

83-Steelers-43 05-22-2006 07:23 AM

Edmonton takes two games away from Anaheim in Anaheim and Buffalo plays Carolina tonight with Buffalo leading the series 1-0.

Ohio Steeler 05-22-2006 07:47 AM

Iam pulling for Edmonton to go all the way

83-Steelers-43 05-22-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Steeler
Iam pulling for Edmonton to go all the way

They are a surprising team this year, that's for sure. But they are the last team remaining in these playoffs that I would want to see win the cup. I'd like to see Buffalo for three reasons........

1) They never won a cup.

2) They are one of the small market teams in the league that has a good hockey following but over the years got screwed by the NHL while teams such as Detroit, Colorado, Philly and NY were either winning cups or making consistant cup runs. Sound familiar? lol.

3) I always root for American based teams to win the cup.

SteelerDan43 05-22-2006 10:44 AM

Im rooting for Buffalo as alot of my buddies are from the area, just wish they would go back to the Blue and Gold though. Check out the Uni's this one guy made, very Penguin'esque but for the Sabers... http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/index.html

Ohio Steeler 05-22-2006 04:24 PM

I really am not a big time hockey fan how ever I do follow it from time to time so I am pulling for Edmonton because they knocked off the team I hate the most the Red Wings

tony hipchest 05-22-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
They are a surprising team this year, that's for sure. But they are the last team remaining in these playoffs that I would want to see win the cup. I'd like to see Buffalo for three reasons........

1) They never won a cup.

2) They are one of the small market teams in the league that has a good hockey following but over the years got screwed by the NHL while teams such as Detroit, Colorado, Philly and NY were either winning cups or making consistant cup runs. Sound familiar? lol.

3) I always root for American based teams to win the cup.

im with you on this one 1-3. i have no vested interrest in any of the remaining teams and really dont know any of their players. i'll watch the finals though. maybe a buffalo win could take some of the sting out of their 4 sb losses.

clevestinks 05-22-2006 06:13 PM

Penguins are out, so i`m out!