Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hope to see a lot more of Redman this Year (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74437)

3rdandlong 07-29-2011 08:00 PM

Hope to see a lot more of Redman this Year

Isaac Redman needs to get the ball a lot more this year. I was so impressed with the kid when he got the chance to carry the ball. He consistently picked up at least 4 yards a carry. He's more of a grinder than Mendenhall, something very important when we are playing the Ravens. That's my biggest knock on Mendenhall, he doesn't get the tough yards as much as I would like. I don't know why Tomlin didn't utilize Redman more often. Maybe he's not as good at other aspects of the RB position, but he definitely has a strength that would be of great benefit to the offense, especially in the red zone

Aussie Steeler 07-29-2011 09:19 PM

Re: Hope to see a lot more of Redman this Year

Couldn't agree more. He gained solid yards last year, and can't forget that big play winning catch against the Ravens!

tanda10506 07-29-2011 10:01 PM

That play against the Ravens was great, not good, great. I would defenitly like to see him more.

solardave 07-30-2011 03:03 PM

He plays with an attitude and I really like that about him. I would love to see him in more often. He's not afraid to stick his head in there and mix it up yet he has moves too.

Corey_J 07-30-2011 05:14 PM

John Clay will take touches from him. Ive watched Clay for years here in madison wi and he is a monster !

austinfrench76 07-30-2011 05:32 PM

The more touches he, or anyone for that matter, takes from Mendenhall is a very good thing for the Steelers. I don't say that to because I don't love Rashard, I do. I say that because it extends Mendenhall's career. I would love to see him be a feature back for us for many, many years! We have a pretty good group of backs now with Mendy, Redman, Dwyer and Clay. I know that Clay hasn't taken a single snap in the league yet but he just looks like a Steeler back. Some big and nasty boys!!! That's Steeler football all the way!

austinfrench76 07-30-2011 05:33 PM

And I forgot Batch! Unproven but still feels like a Steeler RB.

Rick5895 07-31-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey_J (Post 933562)
John Clay will take touches from him. Ive watched Clay for years here in madison wi and he is a monster !

I am looking forward to seeing what Clay can bring us. I thought Dwyer would be that surprise back, but once again he's out of shape. Hopefully Clay will be a steal and a backfield with Mendy, Redman and Clay might just be a very good thing.

solardave 07-31-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick5895 (Post 933616)
I am looking forward to seeing what Clay can bring us. I thought Dwyer would be that surprise back, but once again he's out of shape. Hopefully Clay will be a steal and a backfield with Mendy, Redman and Clay might just be a very good thing.

I look for Dwyer to be cut either during or right after camp. I just don't think he is mentally all there.
Where did Clay come from? UDFA??

Corey_J 07-31-2011 11:22 AM

Clay has the ability to take that 3rd and 2 to the house. He will also soften up those linebackers so mendy can scoot around them !