Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers sign a fa corner (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74520)

Wallabeast17 07-31-2011 11:54 AM

Steelers sign a fa corner

William gay! You may hav seen him before wearing the number 22 and getting plowed over by ap and totally letting the opposing recievers run free! :'(

solardave 07-31-2011 12:49 PM

Re: Steelers sign a fa corner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 (Post 933668)
William gay! You may hav seen him before wearing the number 22 and getting plowed over by ap and totally letting the opposing recievers run free! :'(

:rofl::puke:

tanda10506 07-31-2011 01:04 PM

What a depressing thing to read after a title like that. You got me! Why do we re-sign players (and offensive coordinators) that work against the team.

StainlessStill 07-31-2011 01:13 PM

Willie Gay is still young. We gave him his shot at starting corner. It didn't work out. However, I can live with him being our Nickel/Dime guy. He was money in that role last season. Like the rest of our defense, Gay actually had good coverage against most pass's in the Super Bowl, problem was, Rodgers put them on a LASER. I'm confident in our FO and giving these guys time to become good players.

stb_steeler 07-31-2011 01:22 PM

Gay had his chance to prove himself.....We could use a good bench warmer in December!:coffee:

Kingmagyar 07-31-2011 03:36 PM

I still would take Gay over McFadden. McFadden is just out there making tackles as receivers catch the ball in front of him. Gay at least plays tight. Still neither is the answer as a starter. For what they both make and Will Allen, I wonder if the Steelers could have signed Richard Marshall from Carolina who got 15 million over three years and would be an improvement on what we have. or somebody else?

55BaileyFan 07-31-2011 04:03 PM

I was hoping they would let him go and sign someone...ANYONE else...

steeltheone 07-31-2011 04:16 PM

Gay is only a fraction of our poor pass coverage...Lots of blame to spread around!

kirklandrules 07-31-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 933739)
Gay is only a fraction of our poor pass coverage...Lots of blame to spread around!

That's right. And it doesn't help that BMac and Troy were walking wounded at best.

fer522 07-31-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Wallabeast17

I Fuucking hate you :chuckle: :sofunny: