Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Plex to Jets (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74521)

thumper 07-31-2011 11:57 AM

Plex to Jets

I had a sneaky feeling there was a team in play other
than Pgh and NYG. And there you have it. Plex is a Jet.
Jets and Philly are cleaning up.

Why does Pgh bother to go through the FA motions only to FAIL
all the time?

TRH 07-31-2011 01:41 PM

Re: Plex to Jets

because we don't offer the necessary money to land them. Period, end of story. But you are right....i don't know why we even go through the motions.

That "they might sign here because its 'Pittsburgh' and so wonderful", blah, blah, blah....is nonexistent. The people that always say that are living in Fantasyland.
Once again...this proves : Its ALL....ABOUT.....THE MONEY
Its seeming like the Jets are not only welcoming jailbirds and ghetto behavior, they're actually encouraging it. Thats a fail in my book.

Kingmagyar 07-31-2011 04:00 PM

The Jets are weaker with him then if they had Braylon Edwards back. Edwards often took the double teams away from Holmes. I'm not sure Burress will do that. And durability has to be a concern. The Steelers may have offered the same money, but Burress may have been told he would be a #3 Wideout. He may own property in NY and like living there. He may have only wanted a one year deal so he could make bigger money after he proves himself. But Plax and Jamir Jagr won't be getting the key to the city anytime soon.

I would rather pay Malcom Floyd the money. he had 37 receptions at 19.7 ypc last year with 6 touchdowns.
No one has signed him yet....

steeltheone 07-31-2011 04:23 PM

The Jets are a better team on paper than we are and much younger...He gets paid and gets a shot at the big game...Win Win

Kanata-Steeler 08-01-2011 05:34 AM

Just do the math:
Where has "most" of the Steelers' morey gone into in the 1st place (yep, Mr $100illonBerger).
Ok, bottom-line , we can NOT afford PLAX, let alone a decent OLine to protect our Mr. $100Million Ariens' son.
So,
what does that leave?
1./ a so far god-given #1 Vaunted "D" that got us where we needed to get. almost all the time.
2./ A predictable; "air it out anyway" Ariens' Offense. soo ? (watch TV much ?)

Our Defense is an immaculate re-invention, and without it there (would have been/and) will be NO chances for another SB thus far.
The "D" still Rules !
Lets say it again, Steelers' CANNOT afford a decent OL ! for reasons mentioned above.
I mean, even Peyton Manning said "NO" to more money so that they could afford to "build" their team. ?

what?, it's just more plain facts ppl. and that's all.
nada excuses, nada. sry.

Rick5895 08-01-2011 06:55 AM

Why would we consider it a fail because we wouldn't ante up 3 million for a 34 year old receiver who's been i jail the last 2 years. I am glad he went to the Loudmouth Jets.
People are always saying "we shoulda signed this guy or that guy" then usually 1 of our rookies or young guys steps up. We have been to 3 Super bowls in the last 6 years, winning 2 and a drive away from winning the 3rd. Our F.O knows what they are doing.

ebsteelers 08-01-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick5895 (Post 933852)
Why would we consider it a fail because we wouldn't ante up 3 million for a 34 year old receiver who's been i jail the last 2 years. I am glad he went to the Loudmouth Jets.
People are always saying "we shoulda signed this guy or that guy" then usually 1 of our rookies or young guys steps up. We have been to 3 Super bowls in the last 6 years, winning 2 and a drive away from winning the 3rd. Our F.O knows what they are doing.

agreed 100%... i hate hearing people act like they should work for our free office. they wanna sign anyone with a big name... guess people wanted ochocinco also..

im pretty sure our front office knows what its doing with countless afc division championships, title apperances, and super bowl wins!

go be a jet fan if you want to sign every bum under the sun.

Curtain_of_Steel 08-01-2011 08:11 AM

Last i checked, Sanchez is still the QB of the Jets, just like flacco is the the QB of the Ravens. Doesn;t matter who is around them.

Eagles are in another conference so who cares, by neither signing ASamougha it doesn;t hurt our chances.

However we need a dam CB to step up or that secondary is going to be soft. Resigning Ike didn't improve us, resigning Gay didn't improve us and who knows what the rookies can do as the 2nd and 3rd guys probably arent much better than Gay