Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Draft (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who are the top 10 prospects for 2012? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74593)

watershedmoment 08-01-2011 06:04 PM

Who are the top 10 prospects for 2012?

Discuss. It might be too early to tell but let's see.

Baltimore Ravens Fan 09-11-2011 09:19 PM

Re: Who are the top 10 prospects for 2012?

For the Ravens:

Vontaze Burfict, Manti Te'o, Ray Ray Armstrong, Robert Lester, Mark Barron to replace Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Also, if they draft Top 15. I could see themgoing for a Wide Receiver like Alshon Jeffery, Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon just to MAKE SURE they're good on Receiver, because you can't go wrong with one of those 3, they are NFL-ready.

For the Steelers:

I could see them getting a Cornerback like Cliff Harris, Jayron Hosley, etc. or they could shore up their offensive line. But other than Cornerback, I don't think they'll draft defensively in the 1st or 2nd round.

Fire Arians 11-29-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan (Post 942891)
For the Ravens:

Vontaze Burfict, Manti Te'o, Ray Ray Armstrong, Robert Lester, Mark Barron to replace Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Also, if they draft Top 15. I could see themgoing for a Wide Receiver like Alshon Jeffery, Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon just to MAKE SURE they're good on Receiver, because you can't go wrong with one of those 3, they are NFL-ready.

For the Steelers:

I could see them getting a Cornerback like Cliff Harris, Jayron Hosley, etc. or they could shore up their offensive line. But other than Cornerback, I don't think they'll draft defensively in the 1st or 2nd round.

I think we're good on corners. gay is coming along, lewis has been solid, and cortez allen has played great as a dime db. we still have curtis brown in the wings, we won't be drafting a cb in 2012 unless it's a good value pick late or a high profile corner drops all the way down to us, and is too good to pass up (likely won't happen if you're picking in the high 20's-32nd)

biggest position of need is MLB, safety, and guard.

BossAus 12-09-2011 06:43 PM

I doubt we would've taken Cliff Harris before his dismissal from the team, let alone now. I like our CBs, but who knows, maybe now that it seems like we have a good corps, they spend a high pick on one now after we've been asking for one for years. What this team needs is a MLB like Te'o, Hightower, Burfict or Kuechly. That's a lot of talent at MLB and I'd say there's a decent chance one falls to us. If not, I'd go for an interior lineman like Cordy Glenn from Georgia or a NT like Poe from Memphis or Ta'amu from Washington.

bubbletownwr88 12-11-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossAus (Post 968908)
I doubt we would've taken Cliff Harris before his dismissal from the team, let alone now. I like our CBs, but who knows, maybe now that it seems like we have a good corps, they spend a high pick on one now after we've been asking for one for years. What this team needs is a MLB like Te'o, Hightower, Burfict or Kuechly. That's a lot of talent at MLB and I'd say there's a decent chance one falls to us. If not, I'd go for an interior lineman like Cordy Glenn from Georgia or a NT like Poe from Memphis or Ta'amu from Washington.

That is exactly what i would say :applaudit: