Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2011 steelers season (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74640)

sax 08-02-2011 01:18 PM

2011 steelers season

-no major injuries
-some help from the draft picks
-last year for some players (Smith,Ward,????)
-great defense (top 3)
-better protection for Ben

If all of the above work out.............

hard first half of schedule......weaker finish

Steelers 12 wins 4 loss

Steelers vs Eagles Super Bowl !!!!!

later,
sax

steeltheone 08-02-2011 02:52 PM

Re: 2011 steelers season

We will go as far as Ben can carry us...No improvement on defensive backs....We will have to score 35 plus against a franchise QB to win big games... Not saying we can't beat anybody on any given day..Just to many holes for me to feel easy....I hope i'm wrong!

harrison'samonster 08-02-2011 03:10 PM

I think we've got a chance of getting back to the SB, but I agree with steeltheone, our offense is going to have to be able to put up some big points against really good teams when needed. We can't count on facing the Jets and the Ravens in the post season every year.

gotta love the optimism!

Pit fan from Mass. 08-02-2011 03:25 PM

afc championship new england vs Pittburgh
nfc championship green bay vs philly

id like a rematch of the superbowl last year.

stb_steeler 08-02-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pit fan from Mass. (Post 934066)
afc championship new england vs Pittburgh
nfc championship green bay vs philly

id like a rematch of the superbowl last year.

I would def. love to see Steelers beat Patriots in AFC.... But i wouldnt want it the other way around.

Pit fan from Mass. 08-02-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 934054)
We will go as far as Ben can carry us...No improvement on defensive backs....We will have to score 35 plus against a franchise QB to win big games... Not saying we can't beat anybody on any given day..Just to many holes for me to feel easy....I hope i'm wrong!

we definitely gonna have to score more than 35 to beat new england. they score 35 on us easily and thats them letting up on us in the 4th quarter.

i dont know man, part of me is hoping that we have a secret game plan for them that we wont unvail till we get to the playoffs. or, we still havent changed hand signals....

3rdandlong 08-02-2011 09:42 PM

I don't see the Eagles going to the Super Bowl. Buying high priced free agents almost never works out. Just ask Daniel Snyder and the Redskins

Farrior_roirraW 08-02-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdandlong (Post 934125)
I don't see the Eagles going to the Super Bowl. Buying high priced free agents almost never works out. Just ask Daniel Snyder and the Redskins

That AND, I'm not a Vick hater, but Michael Vick is literally their QB. :chuckle:

BIGNASTY91 08-03-2011 05:04 AM

Can easily see us getting back to the Super Bowl, but i do not think philly will be there. They may start out strong but that will be it. I think the Falcons will have a word in who goes from the NFC this year :noidea:

Ruffneck525 08-03-2011 09:56 AM

Honestly while I'm hopefull. Were weaker now on an offensive Line that was already a liability. Scott is ok at LT but Colon is awful at RT.... Another season of ben running for his life.

On Defensive Out D Line is strong Good backers but Our Corners are agains suspect.....

This may be the year baltimore and jets topple us in the playoffs.