Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New TE in the Burgh (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=74646)

55BaileyFan 08-02-2011 03:01 PM

New TE in the Burgh
 
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11214/1164622-100.stm

Looks like they have no faith in David Johnson or any of the newbies

thumper 08-02-2011 04:47 PM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
YYAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN

Party rockers in the house tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8&ob=av2e

No offense intended to you, 55. Just that this guy is what he is, which
is almost nothing. Won't impact the season 1 iota.

55BaileyFan 08-02-2011 05:02 PM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
The point is that they don't seem to be in love with any of the other TE on the roster to be the #2 guy and remember the number 2 could have resulted in a win against the Jets...backups always matter

thumper 08-02-2011 05:13 PM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan (Post 934081)
The point is that they don't seem to be in love with any of the other TE on the roster to be the #2 guy and remember the number 2 could have resulted in a win against the Jets...backups always matter

Using Spaeth as the go to guy that game was simply a retarded idea
brought to us by one of the worst OC in the NFL. We all knew Spaeth
was worthless. But BA was going to fool everyone with his ingenious
idea.

finesward 08-03-2011 12:10 AM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 934083)
Using Spaeth as the go to guy that game was simply a retarded idea
brought to us by one of the worst OC in the NFL. We all knew Spaeth
was worthless. But BA was going to fool everyone with his ingenious
idea.

You mean the game we put up 378 yards offensively? Yeah, BA blew that one!

Sure we loss, but that wasn't spaeth in the backfield getting tackled for a safety that made us go for the TD when we could of easily tied it and taken it into OT. Or was that spaeth on ST's during the opening kickoff who blew his assignment and let them score a TD? Take those two plays out and we win easily against the J-E-T-S.

Putting it on Spaeth, who if I recall scored a TD, and BA who put up nearly 400 yards against a decent defense is simply ignorant on your part. You make it sound like the jets were totally prepared and were shutting us down the whole game. They made a couple big plays that allowed them to win. Deal with it. If Spaeth is so worthless why they hell would a team sign him?? Daaa Bears at least believed he had some value or else they wouldn't have signed him to a deal. So using your beloved language of logic your statement is invalid, false, or in laymans terms complete and utter BULLSHIT.

:hatsoff:

thumper 08-03-2011 11:42 AM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by finesward (Post 934144)
You mean the game we put up 378 yards offensively? Yeah, BA blew that one!

OMG, 378 yards with a franchise QB trying to take the game on
his shoulders to win. WOW. BA must be the reason for all those yards.
Now, since you seemingly buy such steaming shit, I got some swamp
land to sell you. You in?

Sure we loss, but that wasn't spaeth in the backfield getting tackled for a safety that made us go for the TD when we could of easily tied it and taken it into OT.

Oh, it wasn't? Who made that play call resulting in that safety again? Let
me know when you figure that out.

Quote:

Or was that spaeth on ST's during the opening kickoff who blew his assignment and let them score a TD?
No, it was Spaeth's drop of TD passes IN HIS HANDS that sealed the loss.

Quote:

Take those two plays out and we win easily against the J-E-T-S.
If your butt was candy and nuts...........If me auntie had bullocks she'd
be me uncle.

Quote:

Putting it on Spaeth, who if I recall scored a TD, and BA who put up nearly 400 yards against a decent defense is simply ignorant on your part.
And you defending BA makes you look like Bo Bo the chimp's dumber
cousin.


Quote:

You make it sound like the jets were totally prepared and were shutting us down the whole game. They made a couple big plays that allowed them to win.
When did I assert that? Try staying in the realm of what was actually
asserted instead of dragging knuckles and having drool drip from
your cake hole.


Quote:

Deal with it. If Spaeth is so worthless why they hell would a team sign him?? Daaa Bears at least believed he had some value or else they wouldn't have signed him to a deal.
Yea, I mean, the Bears are so brilliant in personnel moves. They allow
Olsen to leave, one of their only semi-play makers, and sign a bum
to replace him. Genius. And, I mean, look at these genius drafts that
they've had. If Da Bears want Spaeth, it really proves that he must be
super good. <ROLLS EYES>

http://drafthistory.com/teams/bears.html
Quote:

So using your beloved language of logic your statement is invalid, false, or in laymans terms complete and utter BULLSHIT.
And your clumsy attempt to slop around, trying to make assertions
filled with half truths and straw men arguments is so noted. No, you're
right: Speath is a quality NFL TE and Bruce Arians is a brilliant NFL
OC.

FAIL

http://surfwithberserk.com/img/funny/epic_fails/54.jpg

finesward 08-03-2011 08:38 PM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
We had more offense than the other team, period. Our offense put up more points than their offense, period. Special teams lost that game, period. Deal with it.

Ben putting the game on his shoulders negates the fact he gets his plays from his OC? You can't blame one and not the other. So if you credit Ben for being responsible for all those yards, you need to credit Ben for the blown call that led to the safety. You can't have it both ways.

And when did you assert that the jets were prepared and weren't going to be fooled by the game plan?
Quote:

But BA was going to fool everyone with his ingenious
idea.
Oh, ok...I guess the JETS aren't considered "everyone"

And didn't the bears make the playoffs last year? And didn't they nearly beat the SB champs with a 3rd string QB? Yeah they haven't a clue.... In your words.. FAIL The fact they signed him doesn't mean he is "really good" now who is the one making assertions and straw man arguments....Hypocrisy ring a bell??? My point was that b/c a team signed him calling him worthless was about as appropriate as calling a fresh laid dookie valuable.

And great use of coloring and photos, too bad it doesn't strengthen your argument one iota. Usually in an argument the one who tries harder (using quotes, pictures, larger fonts) to disprove the other is wrong. And this holds true in your case.

thumper 08-04-2011 02:40 PM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
ROTMFFLMMFAO. Yea, Arians is such a great OC. We all agree with you on that.

http://surfwithberserk.com/img/funny/epic_fails/24.jpg

finesward 08-05-2011 08:23 AM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
You can't agree with me on a statement I never made... Hey look I can post pictures TOO!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hwXhXDr-Xx...Straw_man4.jpg

You used a game we put up 378 yards against the #3 defense in the NFL as an example of how much B/A's game plan failed. :doh:

Fire Arians 08-05-2011 01:37 PM

Re: New TE in the Burgh
 
i hope wes lyons gets his shot, i hear he's catching everything thrown at him in training camp so far, which probably makes him automatically better than spaeth


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum